Memories Look At Me(4)

It became dark and cloudy by the time my club meeting ended. The charcoal gray clouds gathered in a flash, threatening heavy rain. Looking up the angry sky I murmured, "so ominous...bad things might happen..." And sure enough, somebody had stolen my umbrella. I texted Pha for help but he was already far from the school.

I was standing without an umbrella at the bus stop which had no shelter for passengers. "....It's raining! Run!" somebody shouted when the rain began to pour down. 'What the f**k...' I was getting drenched in the rain. I ran to take shelter from the rain. There was a convenient store a bit away. I stood under its eaves for a while then entered the store to buy an umbrella. "Sorry, out of stock," said a staff with a shrug. I dropped my shoulders with a frustrated sigh. 

I got out of there and waited for the rain to stop, my eyes riveted on the raindrops rhythmically falling down from the eaves of the store. I stretched out my hand, with the palm up, to feel the raindrops. Cool and fresh. The weather sucked but my mood got better.

"You can have this." I winced at a sudden voice from behind. "...Mingkwan?" He was holding out an umbrella to me. I hesitated as it should be his only umbrella at that time. Did Mingkwan read my mind? "I have an extra at my cram school," he said. Mingkwan pushed it into my hand and left in an instant. "Mi, Mingkwan!" I shouted, opening the umbrella and running after him. "...I, I can take you to your cram school..." It was too late. He already disappeared. The rain seemed to let up for a couple of minutes, but it turned into a heavier downpour soon. 

The next day at lunchtime I met N'Yo in the canteen. He mentioned in passing that Mingkwan had gone home early as he had a cold and a high fever. 

'If Mingkwan hadn't met me yesterday...he would not have a cold now....'

I felt guilty.

Kit's POV

The kiss didn't last long as I pushed him back. However, the sensation of being kissed by Mingkwan remained so long in my heart. Also, the fact that I responded to his kiss didn't seem to disappear in me.

"Don't do this kind of thing...anymore," I warned him right after breaking the kiss. But honestly, I was not sure if I really wanted that kind of thing to not happen again.

I said coldly, "You don't need to wipe my tears off." But deep down, I was grateful to him for cherishing me. I knew that Mingkwan Daechapnaya looked cold but he was truly warm inside. He had always been like that. I couldn't hate that Mingkwan.

That night I looked through my photo album. I took out the only photo, which I had with Mingkwan during the school clubs' trip, from the album. I was a member of the craft club and Mingkwan was the representative of the science experiment club which only a few science freaks had joined.

 I was a member of the craft club and Mingkwan was the representative of the science experiment club which only a few science freaks had joined