Memories Look At Me(6)

Link Above: Solo performance of The Korean Martial Art Taekwando+Dance by Ha Sung Jin from K-tigers with Rain's 'Love Song' playing in the background.

-------

I ran all the way to the taxi stand. "P'! I will pay double the fare. Please hurry to XX university!" It was too late for me to watch the full competition. I was not sure if I could reach Pha's university before the competition ended. 

Still young and inexperienced, I needed to learn from experienced workers here and there, near or far. As my work schedule for this afternoon was also subject to change, I had told Pha that I couldn't make it to the competition. 

Tonight, I believed, either N'Yo or Mingkwan would become the freshman Campus Moon of one of the most prestigious universities in Thailand which Pha and Beam had also studied at.

"Let me get off here! Thanks!" When I arrived, there were a lot of students around the university gym where the Moon competition had been taking place. I entered the gym, panting hard, sweating a lot.

And on the stage, Mingkwan was performing a martial art-dance which combined Taekwondo and dance. I burst into exclamations of surprise and admiration.

His every movement was powerful, manly and just awesome

His every movement was powerful, manly and just awesome. At the peak of the background song, he danced by removing his black T-shirt. "Oh, my god! He is so hot!" A great cheer went up from the students at the same time. The stage lightning highlighted his naked, well-muscled upper body. His tight abs showed how much hard he had worked out so far.

Some of the students even threw up their caps or hankies when his performance ended. "I bet he will be the Campus Moon of this year!" I saw the huge flag of Engineering faculty proudly waving in the middle of the university gym.

I for one felt proud of him doing his best on the stage. I was fully persuaded of his taking the top spot. 

I forgot to phone Pha. 

I stood among a number of students expecting his name to be called as the new Campus Moon. My heart was palpitating hard. I witnessed him win the Campus Moon title in the end. I didn't know why, but I felt as if I was given the title with him. 

And for this once, I didn't want to miss a chance to say "congratulations" to Mingkwan. 

I took out a bag of KitKat bars from my backpack. I wrapped different flavors of two-finger KitKats individually in wrapping papers last night.

"Hey...What is this smell...It smells like sweat..." said a girl near me. I realized I forgot to take a shower after work. Worse than that, I was still wearing my work clothes. '...Sh*t...' I hastily went to the restroom but there were already too many students waiting in line for their turns to come. I sighed. I wandered around trying to find an available one.