Memories Look At Me(8)

** Link above: as always, kimcop sang and danced to this many times at fan-meetings.

It was the late afternoon. Though all the classes were already over, the school was still crowded with students. As the school festival was just around the corner, most of the juniors were busy preparing for it. 

I was in the open air rooftop making a wooden photo frame; I named it 'Copgi' as I carved a Welsh Corgi dog on it. As my club room was also full of juniors, I came up here to complete 'Copgi'. I loved dogs but my parents didn't allow me to have a dog. So I, at times, made wooden ones to display in my room or club room instead. They even had names such as Kimmon, Varo, Panu and so on. If it possible in the future, I would like to have a house with a big yard which I could have dogs in. 

It was when I finished carving Copgi's tale that I smelled cigarette smoke. 'Who the hell has guts enough to smoke here?' I craned my neck to see the one better behind a mountain of broken desks and chairs. No sooner had I seen Mingkwan smoking than I was almost shocked to death. I covered my mouth with a hand. 'Let's get out here, Kit...' I talked to myself inwardly. "Khun Kit...?" I failed to run away. I turned around and looked at Mingkwan who didn't seem to feel ashamed of his smoking.  'He's only a high schooler...shi*...' I felt like I discovered a dark side of him that the school teachers could never know about. 

He looked at Copgi in my hand. "Do you like dogs...?" he asked. I nodded, hiding Copgi behind my back. We were in an awkward relationship with each other if Yo or Pha was not present together between us. 

"Aren't you preparing for the festival, Khun?" I awkwardly asked him. He didn't answer but his face looked clouded over. I smelled the faint smell of smoke but strangely enough, it was not so bad as I imagined. "Singing and dancing is not my cup of tea," he said. "Ah..." I nodded with a gesture of understanding. 

Silence.

"My class was singing last year. um...my favorite band's song...XX band you, you may not know by name...haha...ha....ha..." My laughter trailed off. I felt a strong urge to escape from this awkwardness. I put my Copgi back into my backpack and arranged my items in the backpack, which was just for avoiding eye contact with him. Just then I heard a song from somewhere in the building. It was one of my favorites; As Always. "Khun! You know this song? It's my favorite, too!" I ran towards the rooftop guard rail and looked back at him. "That's the song my class chose for the festival." He put his hands in his trousers pockets.

<No matter how long time passed, you are still unbelievably beautiful... No matter how the world has changed...Not a single day I am getting bored of you. >

"How do you guys dance to this song?" I was just curious. That was all. I never imagined he would snatch my hand, pull it up in the air, and turn me around 360 degrees. 

"Like this," he said, looking down at me. 'What did he just do to me....?' I blinked. He smiled.

He placed his free hand at my waist, his other hand still holding mine tightening as he moved with me to the song. 

<You're getting more lovely every day...Nothing can change my feelings for you>

I burst into a laughter despite myself. We danced together through the song. 

<I love you.....as always....>

When the song ended, we looked at each other, and I believed, both of our faces blushed so much.

"Nothing can change my feelings for you," he whispered, looking into my eyes, his face full of red. I knew he just murmured to me a line of the song. However, I felt shy to death as he looked so serious. He let go of my hand. I bent my head, feeling empty all of a sudden.