9// The past

Okay okay I know I say this every chapter but I'm sorry for taking forever to update. My life has been so draining recently and haven't felt this bad mentally in a while so I would like to apologise for neglecting this book. Thank you for leaving such lovely comments they really do make my day so thank youuu. Now back to the story.....

Your p.o.v

"Mal I.." Ian started. "Who is she Ian" The blonde gestured towards me. "This is y/n. My friend.."

Hearing him describe you as a friend broke my heart. I genuinely thought we had something. Clearly Ian didn't agree.

"Oh really? Well then...." Mal trailed off not knowing where to start

"I think we should leave you guys to talk" I say sourly gesturing towards James and we both head home. Ian said he'd be about an hour.

James fills me in on the whole Ian and Mal thing. "They used to date about a year and a half ago. They were the perfect couple. We all thought they'd last forever but, I guess things happen and Mal moved to live with her cousin across the country so they couldn't really handle the long distance thing. They hadn't seen each other in about 6 months so I guess Ian was just in a bit of shock. "Do you think he still has feelings for her?" I ask bluntly.

"Well kitty girl.." James starts to smirk. "I've seen the way he looks at Mal and he really cared for her.. And still does." My face fell. "But.." James is trying not to giggle at this point. "But then I've seen the way he looks at you. His whole face lights up. He looks happy. I've never seen him look this happy. Not even with Mal. He loves you, y/n!!"

At this point we were both laughing. I was on cloud nine. After a while Ian strolls in the door. "How did it go??" James and I say in unison as we laugh" "Well as in assuming my blabbermouth brother told you the story of me and Mal then-"

"Rude!!" James chimes in. "AS I was saying....." Ian talks over him. "She told me she..." "Just say it already!" I yell frustrated.

"She wants to get back together" Ian says quietly. "But I said no... Because I love someone else.". "Who?" I ask stupidly. "You yah dummie" Ian smirks as he leans in and kisses me.

"Eww!!!!! I'm still here!" James squeals as we all laugh. I've never felt happier