| Beautiful Lies And Ugly Truths |

Everyone says that the clammy hands and skipping heart are just fantasy; that in reality love is nothing but a fairytale.

If that's true, why did time freeze the first time I saw you? Why did the sound of your laughter never fail to bring a smile to my heart? Why did my face heat up every time our hands brushed? Why did I shy away from any chance of talking to you? Why did I blush every time you'd enter my thoughts? Why did I jumble my words around you? Why couldn't I describe you without finding myself smiling?

It was as if I didn't know you, but something changed inside me and suddenly you were all I wanted to know. You were an adventure and a mystery wrapped in one, and it was no surprise that I'd fallen for you.

Maybe it was reality. Maybe I could have lived my life in the little movie moments and stories I was finding myself in.

But, like all fairytales, the fantasy must come to an end. And unfortunately, this one didn't conclude with happily ever after.

It ended with the words "you aren't enough" and "I can't do this."

It ended with heavy tears and dangerous thoughts.

It ended with pain and the hurt that came with losing someone I'd loved for so long.

It ended with my conclusion that your once kind words were nothing but beautiful lies, and that you were nothing but an ugly truth snapping me back into reality.