Home Sweet Home

I look around as I enter Sunagkure and to my own surprise, everything was the same as it had been the day I killed my sister. I pull my hood over my face so they wouldn't recognize who I was immediately and head to the Kazekage tower. If I wasn't mistaking Gaara was still alive and in charge here. That would not work in my favor considering what had happened with Shukaku but I had to try anyway, I am determined to make sure that I fix my past mistakes, regardless what I need to do. I am certain that would include some prison time. I walk into the kage tower and am immediately stopped the sand siblings, Temari and Kankuro. Kankuro recognized my face and put a blade on my neck, I sigh and remove the hood of my coat. Temari was on guard as well.

"You've got a lot of nerve coming back here, Sasori of the Red-Sand," Temari said.

I nod, "I'm aware, but I'm here on personal business, not Akatsuki business. If you'd like to check me you're more than welcome to, I left my weapons at the base," I said as I opened the cloak and opened my chest cavity so they could see where the weapons would go were empty.

"What kind of business?" Gaara asked as he came down to where we stood.

I sigh, "I'd like to become part of Sunagakure once more, I'm done being a criminal and I'd like to become human again," I say as I look down at my hands.

"What?!" Temari and Kankuro yell as if caught off guard by what I said.

I sigh, "I'm done with being in the Akatsuki, I want to go back to living a normal ninja life and having a happy relationship with someone important to me. If you don't want me here then just say so, and I will leave at once," I said as I look towards Gaara.

Gaara nods, "I assume the one you're romantically involved with is that blonde explosives expert is it not?" He asks to which I nod.

Gaara sighs, "I will allow you and your sister sixty days back within the village, either of you break a law or attack anyone that's not within self-defense I will have you both executed on spot," Gaara said.

This time it was my turn to be caught off guard, I didn't expect Gaara to be as lenient as he was and judging by his siblings faces neither did they. Gaara turns and walks away without another word to anyone, I bow to Temari and Kankuro before turning to leave as well. Temari grabs my shoulder as I'm about to walk out the door and I look around to see what she needed.

"This better not be some ploy to kill my brother," she said with hate in her voice.

I shook my head, "it's not, we just want to come home and die here," I said gently before leaving the tower with my hood up once more.

I decide to head on towards my next destination and hoped that this task would be as easy as the first one, but this one I doubted more than anything. I want to become human, but to do so I need to break into Otogakure and find Orochimaru's scroll on his body transfer. If I can learn that or figure out how to do it my own way then I might have a chance at a normal life with my sister, Deidara, and Itachi. I hope Nari would be able to convince Itachi to come, or that she even comes herself. I know she misses our home village but if Itachi doesn't come I doubt she would since they're so close. On that topic, what would Deidara say now? We talked about it briefly before I left the base but he had a hint of uncertainty in his voice and that scares me. I don't want to give up everything I know now for him then just have him throw it back in my face. I sigh, I was getting too worked up and overthinking everything. I need to relax and just wait. Things will fall into place as I make one leap at a time.