II. First Take On "Blossoms"

════════════════════
And here I am... months later, and just now publishing my first ever one-shot in regards to my story Blossoms. At first, I thought of having Hikaru falling for Rose, where in this case, he was infatuated with her instead of Rose being the one in love with him as in the original story. Again, this is the first take on it. This was before I actually went in depth of making it into an actual story, so here you guys go.

And there may or may not be some minor—or major—grammatical errors hence I remember writing this at twelve in the morning right before a math test, soooo.
════════════════════

IT WAS A SIMPLE routine, going from the typical 'brotherly-love' act with his twin brother, but then he would gaze upon some other person that wasn't really close with him—someone that he wished that he could have gotten close with. He disliked himself for not having the power within himself to go up and talk to her, but she was so infatuated with someone else—as so it seemed.

Rose was sitting in front of Haruhi, and the petite short haired brunette laughed along with the delicate flower that was Rose—or well, her full name was Rosaline Blossom—and she moved from a different part of Japan to stay at Ouran Academy; and she stayed there for almost a year already, and not one part during that year did Hikaru have the nerve to try to win her over.

Though, Rose didn't have any interest with Haruhi, she was mainly someone who became close friends to the host. Unlike the other female guests, Rose saw Haruhi as a good companion, and little did the Host Club know that the flowery girl knew of Haruhi's 'little secret'—but for the sake of Rose, she kept to herself and acted as if she knew nothing about Haruhi being a female biologically.

However, it really hurt Hikaru; he wanted her so bad, and he would tell his brother that he was, quote "out of his fucking mind" for being so infatuated with someone that had no idea that he existed. Kaoru would try to pucker up his twin brother by offering to help him go speak to Rose, all Kaoru wanted was the best for Hikaru—but for some reason, the moonstruck over twin couldn't stand it, he wanted to speak to Rose but he wasn't so sure what was pulling him down.

"If you don't make a move on Rose, then there's no doubt she'll fall in love with Haruhi, and I don't think she knows that Haruhi is actually a girl," Kaoru said.

However, Rose did know that Haruhi was—indeed—a female underneath her male fancy attire, she only kept the secret to herself because she didn't want to face any consequences with the Host Club. So everyday, Rose visited Haruhi and they shared fits of laughs and crinkling eyes as they smiled about their own life stories or how their day was going.

Each time Hikaru saw this, he was so damn jealous he wanted to rip off his hair and scream at his brother for no apparent reason. Knowing how much Haruhi meant to him with the friendship he grew with her, he didn't want to ruin the relationship they had by overblowing her with his venting. Hikaru didn't want to push Haruhi off the edge either by forcing her to make Rose talk to him since he should be the one trying to make 'the move' since Rose didn't really know much about who he was.

– ♡ –

There was Rose again.

Dammit, Rose—because that's what always went through Hikaru's mind as he looked at the girl with her lightly tanned skin and that beaming smile she had on her face when a classmate wished her to have a good day. Because—Rose, Rose, Rose, Rosaline, Rose, Rose, Rosaline—that's what was on his mind.