Chapter 1

"

Wake up, Lisa! It's happening. They are here!"

I hear that like from a distance. I slowly slip into the reality and see Nort standing above me all dressed up with his trusty Lanka ready to head out.

"What is happening?" me still a bit confused.

"Tenno, they are here. They came. Everyone is up. They seem to be after the last bunch of relics we got last week." Nort says impatiently.

At that moment I shoot up and start dressing quickly, not caring Nort seeing me naked, really.

"Ï'll wait outside" says Nort quickly, turning and rushing out.

"How many?" I shouted after Nort.

"People say four, but I don't know for sure." I hear from outside.

"Do we know what frames?", I hope Loki is not one of them.

"Loki..."

"Damn"

" Frost is there for sure too. Don't know about the other two."

"I better take a coat then", I smirk and check my Detron. I rushed in front of my cabin and saw the chaos below on the platforms. MOA's everywhere, Ospreys with their mines lined up behind what seemed like a whole army of crewmen running to the south gate.

"Geez, there are four of them. This seems like an overkill to me." I noted.

"Just wait. You know the two of those just wiped out whole Killroy ship two weeks ago, right? Exactly two people survived that and that was just because they were enjoying themselves down in the cargo space and were too afraid to stick their noses out".

He was right. That's how the story was told by Fin in the Corrupted Rat pub when they bought him tenth round of scotch. He knew Rolf, the survived guy, from one of the scavenging missions on Venus. He said it was a slaughter. When they gathered the courage to walk out of their hiding place, they saw dead bodies on every corner. And the main deck was basically a huge pile of sparkling wracked MOA's. Nobody really ever figured out how they got in. But they did. And when the called support ship docked to Killroy, all they have found were those two and nothing else. So that's the reason of the chaos now. But this is a much bigger ship with bigger crew. Killroy was a merchant ship that was on it's way back from some business meeting on the Ceres's orbit when they got in. It took them some time to figure out why Tenno actually attacked Killroy. Well, it appeared that they were secretly transporting back a highly positioned captain and Tenno somehow got a tip on that. Fast assassination missions were right up their alley. One must admire their smooth execution.

I followed Nort down the stairs, "So what are the orders?".

"Get to the treasure room and guard the relics at all cost.", Nort replied.

It seemed strange to me that Tenno would go this far just for some relics, that they could excavate themselves just as well. "Is that really all they want? Relics? What is so special about these they want them so bad to attack us?", I asked knowing Nort probably knows just as little about that as me.

"I don't really know. Maybe we got something really precious this time."

I sort of doubt that, but I keep that to myself. There must be something else.

We rushed through the corridors and I smiled when I noticed how Nort lowered his head each time we passed below the security camera. He believed their laser proximity sensors would burn into his brain through his eyes. Sometimes, he is a little strange like that.