Chapter 3

"So he took them nonetheless", thought Lisa. So now Tenno have the seeds for the crystal that can be used to build "bridges between the space" as Loki called it, or rather the Cephalon. Who are those Cephalons anyway? The little she knew about them was that they were an AI that we use to self-regulate some of our ships and that they are more of an energy projected to our space through "light and logic" as they say. She only saw one of them once, on one of her missions where she worked as a bodyguard to the captain of the ship. They had Cephalon on the bridge of the ship. It looked as a ball made of little pyramids. It was sort of very beautiful and mesmerizing to watch it. She didn't know exactly what it was doing and she certainly didn't know there were more "forms" with different functions or goals and that they can have a gender if they choose to have one. This one Loki talked about seemed to be referred as "her".

"So, are you going to tell me more about Loki now?", Nort stopped the train of her thought.

"Well, what would you like to know?"

"Well, maybe how the hack do you know him, in the first place?", Nort mimicked the tone in her voice.

"I didn't know you know any of....them."

"We were put together on a mission by one of my past employers. It was a rescue mission. We had to cooperate to bring home this....kid. I was there provide the firepower and Loki took care of the security systems and it all went fine, until the very end. Loki unlocked the room with the kid, at the time we didn't know it is going to be a little girl, it was just a „hostage" to us. We begin the extraction when Loki got pinned down by three grineer's Elite Lancers after a bit of unhappy reappearing from his invisibility mode. And I had to decide, run to safety with the girl, or help him out of the trouble. I put the girl first, and he seemed disappointed by that."

"You made the right call. He would totally do the same." pointed Nort.

"Right. It just surprised me he actually survived. I wouldn't bet on that at the time."

"Well, what can you do. Miracle, I guess.", light smirk in his voice made me smile.

"Let's get back to our mission. What did you say, captain Kor sent us to do?", I changed the subject.

"Well it wasn't actually him coming down to us himself. He sent sergeant Wo'laf."

"Yeah, whatever, I don't care. So they want us to catch them?"

"Exactly. And as fast as possible.", added Nort.

"Oh, of course. That would be highly inconvenient for the captain to come back from the mission with an empty vault. That wouldn't look good in his resume, would it?", I started climbing out of the bed.

"Not so fast young lady!", I have heard a doctor's voice from door. "There are still several tests you have to undergo so we are sure your head is in a decent shape." I rolled my eyes and Nort nagged my ribs. "Doctors", he grinned.