Chapter 2

"What the heck happened?!" yelled captain Kor spreading his arms in disbelieve and anger. "I specifically told you to put guards to that room."

"Yes, captain, I am aware of that. The guards were assigned to the vault room, but they were....pacified." anxiously replied sergeant Loot, his head bowed, watching the tips of his boots.

"The band of loosers! That's what I have to work with here. I wish Major Cred reconsidered her decision that I would be the best one to handle this transport and get me out of this junkship so I don't have to deal with this pack of squareheaded idiots!" continued captain, clearly out of his mood. But he was never in a good mood anyway. Definitely not since Cred send him to this ship to take care of the transport. He knew it is going to be annoyingly long travel, but have not expected to have any trouble during the way. Yes, it has been a secret mission to pick up a bunch of precious relics and deliver them to Phobos. But that's why it is called a "secret mission"...no one should know about it. And surprises like this ambush should not happen. Well, apparently it wasn't so secret. Maybe they have a rat on the ship or maybe some money eager troll in the council played a double agent. Who knows. But if he finds out who it was!

"And what am I supposed to tell the council now? That we lost their shipment? Do you think I hate my life so much?"

"No sir, I don't think so, sir."

"Correct. So you better go and let me think about it. And call Wo'laf to me."

Loot left and captain Kor turned around and looked out of the window. He needed to calm down. This was not a good place to be in when trying to come up with a solution to this trouble. He sure cannot tell the council about it. At least not right away. He needs to get the relics back or he is done. Nobody is going to hire him if he screw up this mission, that's for sure. It will be easier for the council to swallow "We had some trouble on the way back, but we handled that and you will have the package on your table in an hour.", rather than "We got ambushed and the relics got stolen." Maybe he might even get promoted. Get some extra credits. That would be great, considering his loan for penthouse on Earth. That place is terrific, but man, it ain't cheap.

He turned on the audio from the outer space, not really thinking about it. It was quiet, as always, but it's calming somehow.

A quiet woosh of the opening door brought him back.

"Captain Kor, you wanted to speak with me?" it was sergeant Wo'laf.

"Yes, sergeant. I have a mission for you and your men."

"Is it about the stolen goods?"

"Correct, we need to get it back before we hit Phobos. I will slow down our flight and postpone the contact as long as possible, but you will need to find a way to get it back to our ship."

Sergeant frowned "That is not an easy task. We don't have any clue where Tenno took it. Hell, we don't even know how they got in." said Wo'laf.

"They must have a masked mothership somewhere close by. Find it, the relics will be there."

"Yes sir, will take my squad and leave immediately." With that Wo'laf turned to exit.

"One more thing, sergeant, take those guards from the vault room. Let them make right what they screwed up." "You mean Lisa and Nort, sir? They are still in the health care quarters."

"I don't care about their names. Just get them do the job right this time." And with that captain turned back to the view outside of the ship.