Chapter 5

Before I went to my class, I stopped at my locker to get my books. When someone came up behind me and grabbed me by my side. I jumped and turned around to see who it was.

"Hey," I said. Caleb was there with a big smile. The same smile I fell for.

Caleb was my boyfriend of eight months. He was sweet, good looking, funny, and athletic. He played soccer on the school teams and it is his passion. He never missed a practice and played with everything he had. I loved that about him. Seeing him so devoted to is made me fall for him. I can only hope he can forgive me for lying to him.

"I brought you something," he said, holding out a blueberry muffin. My favorite.

I grinned and took it from him. "Thank you."

We were supposed to meet up outside the designated area and eat breakfast, but I was rushed this morning. Now I'm starving. I took a big bite and moaned. "I love you."

He kissed my head. "I love you more."

I rolled my eyes. He always said that even when I argued about it. I didn't understand why we couldn't love each other equally.

The bell rang one more time, indicating that we only have a minute to get to class, I shut my locker. I quickly leaned up to him and kissed him and ran down the hall to get to class. Unlike him who had the first period off. "Thanks for the food!"

On my way to class, I stumbled over my own feet when I rounded the corner and nearly slammed into Asher and Kristy. Jeez. Was he everywhere now? Thankfully I missed them. But they were occupied in a make-out session to even notice me.

Can someone pass me a trash bag of puke? I had Caleb and I never do that with him, though I am one not big for PDA. But Kristy didn't care, she always did everything she could to get any guy she wanted in her pants. Especially if it was Asher.

"Can I help you?" She glared at me after sadly breaking away from Asher. Awww poor her she had to part from her sex buddy. Bad for me because she did notice me.

"I doubt it."

"Excuse me?" She said

"Whatever" I continued to walk to my class. I was barely in my seat before the tardy bell rang. Closed call.

I just hope today is not going to be a long day.

And that everything runs smoothly, with No Asher, No Kristy, and no messages about Mia. I really hope she's doing okay.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

During the fourth period, the class was long and slow. The teacher with his monotone voice talked about a tale of two cities for most of the class. Asher who was in my class, unfortunately, was nearly asleep. It was three minutes until the bell rang for the fifth period, English my favorite subject. When the intercom on the ceiling came on.

It was the school secretary. "Mr. Crane, can you please send Ginevra Beck to the childcare center."

You don't have to tell me twice, I jumped out of my seat, and started to worry that something must be wrong. I grabbed my things and left the room. When I reached the daycare center, Miss. Gomez was sitting behind her desk rocking Mia who was crying. I rushed to them.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"Don't worry, it's nothing serious. Her gums were hurting her and her temperature spiked. We aren't able to give her medicine yet. So a teething ring might help her.