3rd chapter

~In Korea~

Mr.Park: so! Is your sexy daughter coming?

Dongwoon: don't call her sexy, Asshole!

Woo: anyways. Answer me!

Dongwoon: yeah! She will be here in few hours.

Woo: alright! When she arrives, call me. We will have diner together. The FOUR of us.

Dongwoon: four?

Woo: my son! Have you already forgot about the deal? Goodbye for now.

He slammed the front door.

~~~~~~~~~~

-CARLA'S POV-

The plane landed on the firm ground. I took my luggage and walked out of the airport. My dad was waiting for me. I noticed him waving at me. I ran to his side and jumped on him, hugging him tightly.

Dongwoon: I missed you, my irresistible badass daughter. Ugh! You're choking me.

I let go of his neck as I held his hands instead.

Carla: haha! I missed you too Mr.Kim , the man that everyone fears.

Dongwoon: not anymore, pumpkin.

Carla: what do you mean, dad?

Dongwoon: we will talk about it when we get home. Now let's go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we arrived home, I took a quick shower then I went down to the living room where my dad was sitting and reading the newspapers.

Carla: dad, I really missed this house. It reminds me of the days I was playing and running around… Before mom left us.

He put the newspaper on the table. I noticed his sadness as he looked up at me.

Dongwoon: the day your mom left, my whole life became a real nightmare.

He paused a moment, lowering his head down.

Dongwoon: I'm always blaming myself for her death, and for my daughter who turned out to be a bad girl.

My dad was about to cry. I approached him, I sat on my knees as I faced him. I grabbed his cheeks and made him look at me in the eyes.

Carla: DAD! I chose to be what I am now. I'm proud of myself and of being your daughter. Now, stop blaming yourself for nothing.

Dongwoon: come here.

He hugged me tightly. I felt his pain, because I still feel the same pain all these passed years. Now, I have a new aim in my life. In order for dad to stop blaming himself, I'll find my mother's murderer and kill him with my own hands.

After breaking the hug, he faced me again with a weak smile. But I smiled back at him confidently and proudly.

Carla: you know what?

Dongwoon: what, lil kitten ?

Carla : despite the fact that I don't really have Korean features, but whenever I look at my reflection in the mirror I feel like I look like you.

Dongwoon: yes, you do!

He pinched my cheek. I jokingly winced in pain.

Carla: dad, I'm hungry. What's for diner? Let's eat.

Dongwoon: NO! We have guests for diner.

Carla: guests! Who?

Dongwoon: you soon gonna know. They are the reason for you being here.

Carla: can you tell me what's going on, dad? If someone hurt you, I'll murder them.

I crossed my arms to my chest.

Dongwoon: NO! NO! DON'T YOU DARE CARLA! HE'S AS SO DANGEROUS AS HIS SON.

Carla: his son?

Dongwoon: yes! … Listen to me, dear. You know I have many enemies. I can defeat them, but there is that man that I was never able to defeat. And today, he suggested me an offer, if we don't accept it, he's gonna kill us.

Carla: w-what?

Dongwoon: he even knows where you live in Australia, where you study, who are your friends, and even about your trip to Japan.

Carla: oml ! I'm a VIP !! Having secret agents following me everywhere!

Dongwoon: Carla! There is nothing funny about this. I'm dead serious.

As dad said this, I knew it was really serious.

Carla: sorry, dad. So what's his suggestion?

My dad was silent for about a minute now.

Carla: DAD??

Dongwoon: it's…it's t-to … To marry his 22 years old son.