Chapter 1

"That's my boy" echoed my father's voice in my mind.

I guess I do everything for father. I went to the academy for him. I became a genin. Became a chunin alone. Joined ANBU and was quickly promoted to Captain of ANBU. Well actually I don't do it for him. I do it because it's just what he expects of me.

I just wish someone other than Shisui would think that I'm not the "perfect prodigy" of the Uchiha clan. The "greatest we've seen in years." The "son of Fugaku, chief of the Leaf Police Force."

No. I'm not really any of that. I'm not perfect. Nobody is.

Meanwhile, Sasuke wishes people treated him like that. I guess father is too focused on his "precious son made of glass who cannot be touched" to see the other one who could have as much promise if he even bothered with him.

As I momentarily stared off into space, I heard the tiny footsteps coming downstairs that I hear every morning.

I got off the front porch and headed back inside.

"Good morning Sasuke" I said.

"Good morning Niisan!" he said happily.

"What are you doing today?" he asked.

"Uh well I have a few free hours to-"

"Actually Sasuke, Itachi has to do something with me later" said father.

I didn't make a face at him but I just gave him a look to let him know that it was only morning and he was already pissing me off.

"As I was saying Sasuke, I'm gonna be assigned a mission today, so I won't have anytime time at home. I'm sorry" I said.

"That's Okay Niisan" said Sasuke.

I felt bad because I could tell he was sad. He was just trying to hide it.

Father tilted his head towards the living room, wanting me to go with him, but I sat at the table with Sasuke while he finished his breakfast.

"How's the academy?" I asked.

"It's good. We're learning how to do the transformation jutsu" he said.

"That's cool" I said.

"Well Sasuke, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good day at school" I said.

"Thank you Niisan! I love you!" he said.

"I love you too Sasuke" I said smiling at him.

And now to ruin the mood, I headed over to the living room to talk to father.

I stood in front of him and he stayed silent for a brief moment.

Everyday, he checked in with me about ANBU. And if he didn't like what he heard, well...

"Today's mission?" he asked.

"Not yet reported" I said.

"Rank?" he asked.

"A" I replied.

"What are you doing later?"

"Going to go out with Sasuke" I said.

"Wrong" he said.

I sharply inhaled as he pulled out a Kunai. We both knew what was about to happen. Doesn't mean that I liked it.