7

"Oh my god!!!"
It was the next day. I had Jenna over at my house and we were in my room, I had just finished telling her about the date James and I had last night.
"We're going out again next Friday, I'm actually excited!"
"I'm so happy for you!"
"You know, I think this is the weirdest way 2 people have started dating."
"But it's the best way, because it's my best friend."
"Awwwww."
We laughed as I pulled her into a hug.

...

All the days leading up to the next Friday I couldn't couldn't concentrate because I was so nervous. I didn't want anything to go wrong, and I also wanted to know where James was taking me. So when Friday finally came I was so filled with anxiety I couldn't stop shaking which wasn't helping when Jenna was trying to do my make up. Bernadette and Ashley were in the next room trying to find something for me to wear and after about a half hour of them arguing they eventually settled on a simple black skirt that ended just before my knees and a dark purple long sleeve shirt that cling to my body and showed off the abs I had from all of my working out. They then put me in a pair of knee high boots that were tan in colour, I have to say I looked badass from the bold eyeliner and eyeshadow all the way down to the soles of those boots. We decided to curl my hair and put it in a ponytail.
"I just have to brush my teeth," I stated. "Let me know when James gets here please."
They headed off down the stairs and left me to brush my teeth in piece.
"Alison!" Jenna yelled to me about 5 minutes later.
I made sure I looked absolutely perfect before grabbing my purse and my phone. I didn't want anything to mess up tonight. I opened the bathroom door and tried to walk gracefully down the stairs. My dad was talking to James but as soon as they both caught sight of me they stopped talking and stared, which only made me blush. As I reached the bottom step James walked over and took my hand. He bent over and whispered into my ear.
"You look amazing tonight."

After my dads lecture about safe sex and him threatening us both that I absolutely have to be home before 1 am, we got into James' car.
"So where are we going pretty boy?"
"You'll see."