Chapter 7

My brother just left for Jungkook's place.

I can hear, well done. Where did you put the bug?

Inside his jacket, bc he wouldn't let me come along. sorry... but I know 100% V is there. he didn't go alone tho. He took two friends with him, but that's strange, isn't it hyung? 

Who were they?

I don't know... one of them was called Namjoon, the other Yoongi. But why would he bring two friends with him to hunting Taehyung? It's way too dangerous and it doesn't make sense??? istg my brother is an idiot. 

I'll see for myself. Thank you again, Jiminie. 

No problem :) Do you want me to do a background check on Namjoon and Yoongi? I mean, surely my brother isn't so foolish. He chose them for a reason maybe? Like maybe they used to be friends with Taehyung? 

No, that's enough, I don't want to put you in danger. Leave the rest to me. I'll talk to you when I need it.  

You can talk to me anytime. Love you hyung :) 

Why would my idiot brother bring two innocent guys to a crazy, dangerous freak like V? Imagine if the police found out, imagine if V went berserk... 

Jimin fears the thought of it as he twists an apple in his hands.

I wonder what hyung's hearing them say right now... I hope it leads him to V...

'That kid is just as crazy as Taehyung!' Yoongi screeches as he exceeds the speed limit. 'Look at him driving like it's grand theft auto!'

'Hyung, I really don't know how to shake him off! He's like a leech!' Jungkook yells to V sitting next to him. 

The two cars are on the lonely highway right now, close to the fish shop Taehyung had gone to. Close to the place Taehyung had his first kill. 

'Listen, I have a plan,' Taehyung explains slowly with his eyes fixed on the road ahead of them, thinking of how to play out this scene, 'but you'll have to play along.'

'O...OK...' 

'Stop the car at the corner here. Just do it,' he orders as he opens the backpack sat between his legs and takes a small knife out of it. 

Jungkook looks at Taehyung with a franctic expression. Right here, he thinks, at the middle of the highway? And what's that for! 

'Hyung, are you crazy! And why that knife, do you want to kill them!?'

'Just stop it right now, Jungkook!' Taehyung demands dead seriously and Jungkook hits the brakes at once.

 They forcefully stop and with a high-pitched squeek of the tires they come to a standstill. Yoongi isn't given the time to stop and stare as he pulls the brakes of his own car too, cursing all the way. 

'Honest to god this kid can't drive!' he yells as he shuts his eyes tightly, scared that they might crash into the other car.

Namjoon, Hoseok and he are sent flying forward by the sudden force of the brakes and the fabric of their seatbelt cutting into their bare collarbone stings sharply. 

Hoseok's the first to fall back into his seat again and whimpers as he grabs at his head.

'Oof... why'd you stop like that..!' 

'Everybody OK?' Namjoon asks as he checks on his friends, putting their safety before his. 

'They stopped in time...' Jungkook notices as he looks through the mirror and the sigh of relief afterwards is both audible and drawn out. 'Your plan could've failed right here...'