Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Its 3:59 in the afternoon, your sitting on your laptop in your room and your mum is on the computer in the lounge room. You're both waiting for the clock to hit 4:00, because that's when the One Direction tickets come on for sale. When it hits 4:00 your laptop decides to freezes and you start to freak out. You're trying everything; refreshing the page and even restarting your browser-. You run downstairs to the lounge room screaming at your mum, panicking because your computer froze. She tells you, "Charli, honey you have to calm down. Seriously I am trying my hardest to get you these tickets, but the server is unavailable." You're rushing out of school; it's 3:00pm. Your heavy bag is throwing you side to side as you run. You start to lose your balance. You see your mum drive around the corner to pick you up. You jump in the car and wait for her to start to drive off but she stops and turns to look at you. "Darling, "she began to say, "You know those One Direction tickets you wanted ..." There was a long pause, "I couldn't get them. I'm sorry," she said, looking at you with apologetic eyes. You look at her with an upsetting look in your eyes, as your mother cuddles you.

♥ ♥ ♥

You're walking into school the next morning. To you find everyone jumping around in excitement because they got tickets-to the concert-. You thought you had gotten over not getting tickets, you thought you had gotten over being upset about it the night before, but you obviously hadn't. You begin to feel more and more upset, and you try not to show that everyone's excitement is getting to you. You try to stop the tears from rolling down your face, but it's difficult. All of a sudden you see your beautiful best friend, Jade walk around from behind a wall. Jade seemed upset too; you run up to her and give her the biggest hug as you do every morning. You start talking about the tickets, "Did you get tickets?" you ask her, "No," Jade replied sadly, "Did you get them?" she asked you. "No. The server crashed," you replied. "That's what happened to me," Jade exclaimed and the two of you hugged each other tightly. Now you both felt like crying.

Everyone is so excited for the concert; you feel a little left, as if everyone is rubbing it in your face, just a little bit. Even your other friends got tickets; their rubbing it in your face too, but only as a joke. You and Jade don't take it as a joke, but the two of you play along anyway because you don't want to show the others that it's upsetting you.

You and Jade try your best to forget about the concert, but you just cant. Everyone in your class is talking about it, because more than half got tickets. Everyone keeps asking you if you got tickets or not. You reply with the same continuous answer, "No."