CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE NEXT DAY - 5 PM

Nicole's POV

"I should probably get ready." I thought to myself. I did my makeup and straightened my hair. What to wear? I finally decided to wear black jeggings, a hi-lo lightblue tank top and my white converse. I grabbed my bag and looked in the mirror. I reapplied my lipgloss. Perfect. I made my way to 29480 75th Avenue SE and knocked on Mason's door. He answered it and he looked amazing. His hair was messy and he was wearing a plaid shirt and dark blue jeans and he looked hot. "Hey Nicole! You look great! You know we aren't going anywhere right?" He said with a smile. I laughed and blushed. "Of course. I just always look this good." I said jokingly and laughed. Mason laughed with his charming laughed and boy did it set me on fire. We went into his house and it was fairly large. "Can I get you something to drink?" "Yeah sure! I just take a glass of water. Thanks." I responded. "Just take a seat over there." Mason pointed into the living room as he walked to the kitchen. I went into the large living room and sat on his leather couch. I took out my textbook and my pencil and set it on his small coffee table. Mason came over with two glasses of water and he put them down. Then, he shut my textbook closed. I looked at him with confusion. "I don't want to study noooow!" Mason said. "I want to get to know you!" My face turned red. He wants to get to know ME? Someone pinch me! "Uh ok?" I said. Mason say back in a relaxing way. "What's your favorite color?" He said. "Wooooow. I responded. That's pretty deep." I responded. He laughed. "Seriously. What's your favorite color?" "Probably turquoise blue. Like the color of water in tropical places. What about you?" "Probably red. Not like the color of the rainbow red but like.... Like fire red." He answered. "Water and fire..." I said quietly. We talked for about an hour. Laughing and talking. His laugh was magical. "Now. Let's start with our work." Mason said as he got up and sat next to me. We were really close. "Let's just start doing out homework together before we start the project." I suggested. "Sounds good to me!" He answered. "Number one...." I said while tapping my pencil. "-5(7 - x) + 8x = -4(6 - 3x) what does x equal?" We both thought about the question. We turned to each other and said, "11. X equals 11" in unison. The room was silent. We leaned I closer and our faces were inches apart. He leaned in even closer and he kissed me. I felt those fireworks again. I pulled away, my heart pounding. I could hear my heart as clear as a drum. WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED. I KISSED MASON. AGAIN. I stood up, packing all of my stuff into my bag while panicking. Once all of my stuff was in my bag, I said, " I'm sorry. Uhm I should go.. Thank you. Bye." Before he could say anything, I was walking out the door. I was still getting over what just happened.