Epsilon the North Star#1: Alone

CUT TO: PLANET XARIA XE7

EXT. EPSILON'S OFFICE- AFTERNOON

EPSILON SITS AT HIS DESK WORKING ON SOME PAPERWORK WHEN HIS BOSS COMES INTO HIS OFFICE. EPSILON STOPS WALKING ON HIS DESIGNS TO TALK TO HIS BOSS.

[Epsilon]

Is there something that I can help you with?

[Boss]

Yes, you can. I was coming in to see when the schematics for the rockets will be ready. We are on a tight schedule, there's no time to lose.

[Epsilon]

Maybe by the end of the week. Surely no later than that.

[Boss]

That's good. Keep up the good work.

[Epsilon]

Tell me, how long do we have before Titus arrives on our planet?

[Boss]

The government is keeping an eye on him. They are tracking his every movement, we'll know if he is close to invading or not.

[Epsilon]

That's not really telling me anything.

[Boss]

Look between you and me things aren't looking too good. people are looking to us to provide them with weapons to defend against Titus. Without us, all of this will come to a crumble. We are the last line of defense against Titus. But there's bad news attached to that we are also in the direct path of Titus he's trying to attack anybody who's going to oppose him and us making money is putting a Target on her back he won't like the fact that we are giving people a means to fight back for him he likes the thrill of the fight he thinks that people should fight their own battles and anything else less is a sign of weakness in his eyes.

[Epsilon]

So, are we just going to quit production? Are we going to let him scare us into not making money?

[Boss]

Never, letting Titus scare us like that would be just the thing that he wants and besides the government would never go for it. He's already conquered at least 50 planets, and he's just getting started if you ask me. We are one of the only planets it could ever hope to stand up against him we can't lose to him if we lose to him everything is lost.

[Epsilon]

Do you I think that he's going to come here personally

[Boss]

No, I can't say that he would unless we gave him a reason to do so. we've never been much of a fighting planet we don't have any strong heroes. We've always relied on our brains and our tenacity in order to get us out of situations anything he would find here would just bore him. And he stresses the idea of himself in an emperor. What kind of emperor would get off his throne to come and handle something akin to an accountant?

[Epsilon]

I suppose that you're right. But I suppose that I shouldn't worry about it too much. I'll have a bunker when the fighting starts. Maybe I can get some ladies to join me, help pass the time.

[Boss]

You're not going to help fight?

[Epsilon]

I'm designing these rockets. I might as well be fighting.

[Boss]

You have to assume that nowhere will be safe when his forces get here whoever they want they'll tear the place up until they get them.