Congratulations

North
I made my way up to Markus' office. I was furious, I opened the door to see him sitting there with a candle alit while he worked on his papers. He looked up at me and smiled, getting up from his seat.
"North-"
"Don't, you know what you did." I snapped stopping him in front of me. I kept a distance from him as his face fell to worry.
"What are you talking about?" He asked with a nervous smile.
"YOU KNOW GODDAMN WELL!" I yelled in anger. My fists were clenched as I backed him away from me. "How dare you ruin your husbands life!" His eyes widened in fear. "Do you know how hurt he is!?"
"Y...Yes-"
"NO YOU DON'T!" I felt hot tears run down my face, remembering the look on Simon's face when he told me what happened. His eyes full of heavy tears as he showed me the letter, he already had tear stained cheeks, as he sat on his knees on the floor in the candle light. His golden hair was a mess, and his clothes rugged and wet.
"North I...I'm sorry." He hung his head.
"Your not sorry for what you did to my best friend." I hissed. "Markus, he loved you. I loved you, but I let you go just so he could have you." The tears kept falling down my cheeks and onto my red dress. "You slept with someone else, and for what?! Your own personal desires!? You broke Simon! You were so stupid! Stupid enough to sleep with someone who is not your husband, to keep your legacy!" I walked up to Markus and lifted his head making him face me. "You should be ashamed of yourself. I begged you to take a break, and what do you do? You refuse." I raised a hand and slapped him, leaving a red mark on his left cheek.
"You sick bastard." I said in a poisonous tone. "I should have never fallen in love with you. And neither should have Simon. Now look what you've done."
"Please, I'm so sorry." I heard the pain in Markus' voice. Tears fell down his face as he pleaded for forgiveness.
"Congratulations." I turned on my heels, and walked out slamming the door behind me. I wiped away my tears and headed to where Simon would be.
In the garden with his children.