TOM AS CAPTAIN McMILLAN

CHAPTER TWO........

CAPTAIN McMillan's dream......

//There was a fair amount of wind blowing through this somewhat empty streets but it was enough to blow dust all over atmosphere.The place he was at was semi desert, having Arabic houses and there were about three mosques that he could see.Vision was blurred due dusty atmosphere and this is the reason he guessed he was wearing plastic glasses and he was covering his nose and mouth with a cloth. He tried to think deeply about where he was but nothing came to his mind. He looked at himself and he saw he was wearing a war combat, he was also tied with a bandage on his thigh and he had a gun hostler tied on the side of the other thigh with a caliber .45 automatic pistol in it.He figured he was at war, and he must blacked out after he was shot on the thigh. He was sitting down with his back against the wall of a mosque, he tried to stand up but a sharp pain in his thigh wound stopped him. He looked at his side and he saw an AK 47 lying against the wall and also he noticed the side of his shoulder had a little American flag on it!.

Suddenly he heard footsteps approaching him but he couldn't see the person who was coming due to the dusty atmosphere,so he just removed his .45 automatic and pointed in the direction of the footsteps. Another soldier wearing an American combat appeared on his sight, he quickly recognized that it was Lyod Gerald. Lyod Gerald was a sergeant, in McMillan's squad he was the radio man (a guy responsible for carrying radio for communication during war,he was born in London but his folks moved to the US then he joined the army.

"Woow! Captain cool it down, its me sergeant Lyod,thank god you are awake you have been out for 15mins",Lyod said immidiately at the glimpse of the pistol pointed at him. "Sergeant what the heck happened? and where are we?",McMillan replied as he was lowering his gun. "You gat to be kiding!! I didn't know bullets cause amnesia!?? Anyway we are in Falluja,a pronvince in Al Anbar, Iraq. We were heading to Baghdad when our convoy was attacked by heavily armed men.The rest of our men have died " ,The sergeant immediately answered the captain. There was a moment of silence, before McMillan could ask another question, they heard footsteps approaching, captain signalled Lyod to remain shush and both men pointed their pistols towards the coming footsteps.

"Don't shoot sergeant, it is a kid, I repeat don't shoot ",McMillan shouted. Sergeant lowered his pistol, he was walking towards the kid and he finally a clear view of the kid.The kid was wearing a vest with a small device on it beeping and had a remote trigger on his hand. Sergeant immediately turned back, he was running towards the captain as he shouted, "He is wearing a boomb! ".Captain could see a panicked face of Lyod as he was running to him, then he shouted, "NOOO "//.He was immediately awakened by a voice of a guy saying, "Hey Captain! Having bad dreams when you are taking a nap?? wake up! there is a phone call for you, it is the US Air base in Baghdad.

________________,,,,,,,,,,,,,

PENTAGON, Headquarters of Department of defense, Arlington, VIRGINIA.

0200 hrs, July 13th 2004.

The secretary of defense, Jake Almeida was sitting behind his desk in his office at Pentagon.It was a big spaced room, a big window for ventilation at the back of the desk.In front of the desk there was a chair for visitors and a couple of foots to the right there were two couches, with a short table in the middle. He was staring at the picture of the president in frame just above the entrance door when his desk phone interrupted,"Mr.secretary, I have general Michael Vaugh here, he wants to see you he says it is urgent ",it was his secretary. He instructed her to let him in and now the general was sitting infront of him on the visitors chair.

"General, how are you? and what's so important to interfere my moment oof peace, I can say? ",the secretary of defense announced. The general put a fake smile to show his charm as usual and said, "Jake things are getting bad in Iraq, we haven't found the weapons of mass destruction till now and,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ".The secretary of defense Jake interrupted, "Relax Michael! the stuff about auumh! weapons of mass destruction leave it to us, you are a soldier you follow your orders "."Well anha apart from that in 2hrs ,the indigenous population will be carrying out a demonstration towards our embassy in Baghdad, they have tried a couple of times but our local guards had managed to stop em! But this time they won't be able. ",vaugh then said. "Arabians!! they have strong faith in what they believe in, Are these people insane or what? it is just after midnight can't they sleep ",Jake announced as he was staring at the general who wanted to laugh but he changed quickly his laughter into a cough. "Sir, it is Iraq, they are 8zones away from us, so to them wright now it is about 10am or something! ",the general replied. Jake realizing his mistake, he hardened his face so that the shame pouring inside him wasn't noticed and then he ordered, "Get one of your troops in Iraq to guard the embassy, I want you to take care of this, You understand me General? ".