six

‘Our love is six feet under, I can’t help but wonder if our grave was watered by the rain… Would roses bloom? Could roses bloom again?’

It was almost noon by the time Nayeon dropped Rosé off at the Blackpink dorm.

“Are you sure you don’t want to come in?” Rosé asked getting out of the car.

“No I’d rather not be late for lunch or my members will kill me” Nayeon laughed “But do give my regards to your members” Nayeon pulled Rosé in for a hug ”And remember whatever I told you.”

“I will. Thanks for everything” Rosé bid her friend goodbye and went back into the dorm rubbing her forehead.

The pill hadn’t helped her hangover much. As she walked into the dorm she immediately wondered if her members had all gone out since it was so quiet but her doubts were soon erased as she walked into her room and found Lisa sitting on her bed.

“Hey Lisa” Chaeyoung smiled at the maknae.

“Oh hey” Lisa said without looking up at.

“Lisa? What’s wrong?” Rosé asked sitting beside Lisa on the bed who continued to ignore her.

“Yah Lisa-yah why are you acting so childish? Just tell me what’s wrong?” she took Lisa’s arm but to her surprise the younger girl yanked her arm away angrily.

“Lisa…” Rosé was scared now

Lisa met her eyes with a fierce gaze “I don’t know Chaeyoung, you tell me”

“I don’t understand” For a second Rosé was afraid that Lisa had found out about the past night. Maybe she still had the whiskey on hear breath, but what Lisa did next clarified for her that Lisa didn’t know about that. She knew about something worse.

“Lisa…” Chaeyoung’s lips shivered as she looked at the tissue paper in Lisa’s hands “Lisa I…”

“You left your jacket at practice yesterday. I borrowed it since I hadn’t carried mine” Lisa said softly.

Chaeyoung looked at the tissue paper on which she had poured out all her feelings about Jennie, in Lisa’s hand.

“Who is this about?”Lisa asked softly.

“No one Lisa”

“Who hurt you?” Lisa raised her voice slightly.

“Lisa no one hurt me” Rosé was taken aback by her.

Lisa looked at Rosé with pain in her eyes “I thought we were best friends. I thought we share everything. But no, I guess not!”

“Lisa! Why are you acting like this all of a sudden?” Rosé’s voice cracked. She and Lisa bickered often but this was something else.

“Because you changed, bloody hell!” Lisa teared up “You changed! Things changed so much! You think I can’t see how sad you have been since your holiday with Jennie Unnie! Do you think I can’t see both of you not being able to look into each other’s eyes let alone exchange any words. Do you think I don’t see the pain in your eyes”

Rosé looked away.

“You are my closest friend. I care a lot about you I don’t like seeing you like this. You won’t tell me what’s going on. Jennie unnie won’t tell me what happened. I can’t take it. I can’t take you both acting like the other doesn’t exist. I can’t watch that pain in your eyes anymore.” Lisa began crying making Chaeyoung immediately reach out to hug her.

“Lisa I…” Chaeyoung was having difficulty saying anything now.

“This is about Jennie Unnie. Isn’t it?” Lisa demanded an answer angrily through her tears.