CHAPTER TWO - 260 hours, 3 minutes

Caine hummed happily as he swivelled in his turny chair, waiting patiently.

Where was Diana?

Caine was so nervous.

What if Drake found out? God, he would laugh. Or worse, kill her. Okay, there was a difference between a laugh and a murder...but who knew with Drake? His nervous patience instantly turned to impatience.

Drake bursted through the door. He raised an eyebrow at Caine's state. "D'you need to pee or something?"

Caine glared at him.

Drake shrugged, "You look nervous." Then he laughed. "Caine the King, nervous. How rich is that?"

Caine stood up and gazed at Drake with cold, empty eyes. "Watch it, Drake."

"Watch what?" Drake sneered.

Realising far too late he had pushed it too far, Drake grinned obliviously - and was thrown by an invisible force at the wall.

Caine had made it a mild throw, for only a little harm, but his telekinetic powers were unpredictable. Drake smashed the wall with a mighty CRASH and slumped unconscious on the floor.

Caine sighed. Shoving Drake to his feet, he poured water lazily over him.

The freezing cold brought Drake back to reality. "Caine!" He spluttered, gasping for air.

"Sorry." Caine lied.

Shaking his head fiercely, Drake staggered to his feet. "Don't mess with the King." Caine warned with a wry smile.

"Looks like someone messed with the big boy." A voice teased.

Caine whirled around. Diana!

Drake snarled with frustration. "You!"

Diana doesn't flinch. She battered her eyelashes innocently. "Me?"

Drake tore at his ragged brown hair in frustration. "Why the hell is she here?"

Caine shrugged. Diana just smirked and winked at Drake.

Drake looked like he was going to scream.
Diana lowered her stuff down, and flung out a mattress.

Caine didn't react. Drake sure did. He screeched and flung himself at Diana, bowling her over. Diana fell down, helpless. She spluttered as Drakes fist met her face.

Caine quickly used his powers to punch Drake with and unseeable force which sent him flying to the corner. Caine then admired his hands with a grin.

So powerful. So, so, damn powerful.

Drake wobbled to his feet, flustered.

Diana spat curses, but there was mischief in her dark alluring eyes.

"Listen Drake, don't harm Diana," Caine warned. "She's with us now."

Diana sneered at Drake, while Caine smiled his usual charming smile.

Drake obviously noticed the tension between Caine and Diana. He snorted, and without a word, stormed out the room.

Caine turned to Diana. "So," he started with a handsome grin, "welcome to the club."

***

Bug crept quietly down the hallways of Coates Academy, invisible to the passing people.

Bug had the power, a thing loads of kid had now. He liked his power. He could blend into the backround, invisible to anyone. He could creep around without notice. The thought made Bug grin. He was a lot younger than most Coates kid, at the age of 10.

Bug took orders from Caine obediently. But only because he feared Drake or Caine would do something to him if he didn't. Bug was a bit... Different.

"Just a sick little creep." Bug recalled from Diana. Bug didn't care what Diana thought. He didn't care about much, really. He would just to the task at hand. And with that, Bug stalked- hidden - in the starless night, heading directly for Perdido Beach.

***

Diana lolled lazily on her mattress. Drake was absentmindedly stroking his gun, huddled in the corner of the room. Darkness filled every inch of possible light, and the fake moon above the FAYZ dome twinkled dimly.

Diana almost laughed: Drake sure was a psychopath.

Caine seemed to notice Diana grinning. "What?" He demanded.

Diana sighed. "Nothing."

Caine shrugged and shoved his duvet over him.m
Drake whistled. Diana whistled back.

Drake growled. Diana, with slight effort, growled back.

"Quit it." He warned.

Diana gave him the middle finger salute. "Yes sir!"
Drake snarled and flopped onto his bed, gun aimed at Diana.

Diana raised her hands in mock surrender. "Caine, help!"

Drake was at the point of squeezing the trigger until...

"Don't you dare, Drake." Hissed Caine, hands raised from his bed but not paying attention.
Drake looked shocked.

"Just go to sleep, you two." Caine ordered, hands still threatening.

Diana wore a smug grin on her face. She laughed at Drakes bewildered expression.
"Well this is going to be fun, right, Drakey boy?"