This is how

Next to me Glee cover Idina Menzel and Lea Michele are the ones who are singing

I don't like it here at my new school I feel lonely and I don't know anything I feel so useless and I feel dumb but at least I found a Glee Club I have heard that I am a good singer and I really want to do it. I went to my locker and I saw a girl who looked exactly like me walk past me and she looked at me and smiled and she came towards me and said Are you new here and I nodded and she asked how old are you and I aswered I am 12 why and she looked at me shocked are you a straight A student and I shook my head and she then said did your parents force you to come here and I then replied they aren't my parents just a couple who wanted a child and she said Oh your in foster care and I nodded. She then says How about I show you glee club and I nod and then said How did you know I wanted to go to glee club and she said I saw your sceduale and I laughed. She then says Oh by the way my name is Rachel and I replied Cadence and she says My dads named me that because they are big Friends fans and I said I named myself Cadence because I am good at the scale and she said Mrs. Cocoran will like you and I looked at her confused and she said you haven't met her yet and I shook my head and she said I will intoduce you to the group and you will meet the directors and I nodded and went inside the room and she announced me to the group and I was nervous and then I saw her the lady who I had thought I have known and I was looking straight at her. She then smiled at me and I smiled back and then Rachel said my name and said that I am the youngest here and so I will have to sit next to Mrs. Cocoran who smiled again which I am kind of glad because I like sitting next to adults because I feel safe next to them and then a man came in and saw me and said that he has a new student and Rachel says that I am Mrs. Cocoran's student which I feel proud now and when I sat next to her Mrs. Cocoran scooted closer to which I felt better and leaned towards me and wispered Who chose the name Cadence and I said sadly I did and she looked shocked and I said I will explain later and she nodded.

After class I stayed and a man with a mowhawk stayed too and Mrs. Cocoran looked uneasy so I knew I had to stay to protect her from the dude. But I felt like she was ok anyway so I stayed back until I heard her say You need to leave I looked up and he didn't walk away so I shouted at the man and said She told you to leave sir so I would obey or else you see my bad side and he chose the right pathway and left us two alone in the class room. She turned to me and said Thank you for that and I nodded and she then spoke and said I heard from Rachel that your a good singer and I then replied She was just being nice she hasn't even heard me sing yet and she said I can see you are great singer already and I said Thank you for the compliment but I am not that good and she said don't bring yourself down like that and I then said Yes ma'am. She smiled at me and I smiled back. She then said tell me more about you and I nodded and said I am 12 I have been in the foster system my entire life and I have never had a real family and the one thing that I have been wanting ever since I was little I have never gotten and I know now I will never have even if I wished it on my birthday I know it will never happen. I then get blinded by silent tears pouring out my eyes and I then feel warmth surround me and I look up and see I got a hug and this hug changed my life forever and I now know hugs are good because for the first time I felt loved and comfort and I feel changed when I cried into her and she then asks What have you never gotten and I reply saying A mom and she looks at me with tears in her eyes now and I look at her confused and she says I'm sorry I should't have asked and I reply saying Don't be I just feel this way and you were curious and I am worthless so no one wants me and I know of course my birth parents never wanted me or else I wouldn't be here. She lifts my chin while tears are going down my cheeks she wipes my remaining tears and says the words I have always wanted to hear ever since I felt worthless she says You my beautiful baby girl will never be worthless and you from now on will always be loved. I look at her and say Really. She says I will now always be there for you ok I will act like the mom you never had. I then say you will.   She nods and I hug her and say thank you. She says your welcome. Rachel then comes in and says that my parents are looking for me and I frown and then Mrs. Cocoran hugs me and kisses my forehead like a mom would and I smile and she smiles back and I then for the first time ever don't want to leave school. I didn't know at the time but my life will soon change for the better and this is how.

A/N

I hope you like and will you please look at ym youtube channel it is Hope Mills Singing if you can't find it well it has Idina Menzel as the profile picture and I hope you guys like it I will do my best with the spelling.

Cadence Cocoran