Prologue

This is my first time writing (putting it out for people to read)
But I hope you love this story and vote🙂❤️.

Happy Reading!
************

"Mom?! Have you seen my power bank? I've searched everywhere!"

"Yes mama, I charged it for you last night. You should stop leaving your things around the house, you should really get your shit together! You're 20!"

You'll think that being 20 I will have 'gotten my shit together'. But I try I really do. As soon as I make up my mind to organize my things, I lose track and end up at square one. Thanking my mom, I put my unicorn power bank in my little Louis Vuitton crossbody purse, put my hair in a tight slick bun, style my egdes and head out the door.
Being black is a lot of stress but I can't bring myself to using relaxer in my hair. The stress is definitely worth the outcome. I put on my favorite blue converse, turn off the lights and make my way to the living room. Saying a goodbye to my mom and kissing her forehead I leave the house and get into my white Mercedes. I quickly call my friend Eliora to let her know I'm on my way.

"Ellie, I'm on my way, you better be ready!" I shout trying to sound stern which I fail at doing.

"Calm your horses, I'm ready and waiting"

"Good" I say under my breath as I end the call and start my car. In 8 minutes, I arrive at Eliora's apartment. Eliora chose to move out when she was 18, I for one decided to stay with my mom since it was just us both mostly since my stepdad was overseas a lot. My dad left my mom and married another woman because he said he "wasn't ready for kids". After that my mom found herself someone she loved, who as well loved her 3 year old daughter.
I'm literally a replica of my mom with hazel brown eyes, a round but pointed nose, full pink lips and long curly hair all the way to my back. I'm a light skinned black girl so people assume I'm mixed because of my eye color and skin as well as my hair texture. I also get the questions about my race because my mother named me Barbie so a lot of people tease me by saying"what a white person thing to do" or snort and laugh in my face. To be honest I don't care, I'm Barbie, a tall, pretty, smart and confident girl, why should I care? 

I open the door to Eliora's apartment and see her on her couch with a very unamused look on her face as she stares at her phone. I guessed it was that weird guy at the mall that asked for her card while we bought prawn at the supermarket. Eliora was a petite, chocolaty queen with hair that stopped right on her shoulders and big dark brown eyes with curves in all the right places. She was what you would call "thick", so was I except I was taller with about 4 inches.

"Eliora, what's wrong?" I ask gesturing to her phone which was on her lap.

"Barbie! Finally I've been waiting for you for ages" She says trying to change the subject. I send her my best death glare trying to get her to spill the beans.

"Okay okay okay!" She says with her hands up, signifying she surrendered and took notice of my glare.

"It was that guy at the mall. You know? The weird cashier guy?" I nod my head vividly remembering his failed attempt at flirting with her.

"Yeh? What happened?!" I ask, already getting impatient from the tension.

"Sooo..." She says, in a high pitched voice. "...He just randomly hit me up with an awkward picture." She walks over to her glass coffee table to grab her iPhone 8, she has two phones; an iPhone 5s for work and the iPhone 8 for her personal use. Why she likes it that way? I have no clue!
Making her way back to me she shows me her phone. I take it from her and take a look and see a very inappropriate picture that girls would NOT like to be greeted with.

Breaking the silence, Eliora screams "He sent me a picture of his dïck! Who does that?!"

"It's okay, just block him" I say calmly, having experienced such scenario more than twice. My phone rings out with a familiar ringtone. Immediately pulling it out from my back pocket, I pick the call.  "Eloho! Are you here yet?"I ask excitedly like a child receiving the exact Christmas gift she wanted.

"Barbie, deep breaths. Yes I'm here, I can see your car here, I just stepped out the Uber. You guys should really come out let's go." Grabbing Eliora's hand, I drag her out her door while locking it.
We run down the stairs to meet Eloho.
After 2 flights of stairs we reunite with our "third piece". It was just us three.

"Guys? I can't breathe" Eloho croaked, gasping for air, after our silent 2 minute hug

"Oh sorry" I giggle seeing as Eloho looked out of breath.

"I missed you. We both did" I say, breaking our comfortable silence.

"Can we leave now? I'm starving" Eliora whines, while clutching her stomach.

"Oh right, we better get going." I mutter as I drag my two best friends-turned-sisters to my car. "Let's go!" I shout as I start the car and we all squeal in unison at the thought of food.

*********
Oh my God! Oh my God!
I did it, so how is this chapter?
My hands hurt super bad, since I use my phone.
Anyways I love you guys I'll come up with a reasonable update schedule for you guys❤️