Chap 22- The Green Signal

It was already 8:00 pm and Shivay was still there in the hospital. Annika insisted him to go and have rest but he said that he was feeling fine.

Gauri came out of Om's room and informed that Om has already slept due to the sedatives. She asked Shivay to leave and have some rest.

"Gauri is right Shivay, I think you should go and have rest. It's been almost a day since you are here. You need rest" Annika said to Shivay.

"I m fine Annika. Everyone has been here and I m no one special. Don't worry" he replied.

"Guys, Both of you need to have rest. Om is doing fine now and I m here with him. Anyways the doctors won't allow more than one person to stay over night so without any further discussion the decision is both of you are going home! Now!" Gauri said making it really clear.

"But Gauri" Annika tried to speak but Gauri spoke in between,

"Annika no ifs and buts. Even you need to go and have some peaceful sleep. Don't forget you suffered a panic attack." She said to Annika and then turned to Shivay,

"Shivay, I m sorry but I want a favour from you" she said looking at him with a hope.

"Tell me Gauri?" He asked

"Would you mind leaving Annika to Bhavya's place?" Gauri said to him while Annika just kept listening. May be she herself wanted to go with him, her heart wanted to spend some time with him.

"Of course Gauri! Don't call this a favour, it's my responsibility. Annika is my responsibility and Anyways I can't leave Annika alo...." Shivay stopped in the middle realising what he said.

Gauri and Annika tried hiding their smiles looking at his flushed face.

"I mean I will leave her to Bhavya's house. Excuse me" he said looking at his phone going out of their sight.

As soon as he left making excuse, Gauri looked at Annika and both of them burst up laughing.

"Oh my god Annika! Shivay is so cute. You better not let him go" Gauri said laughing.

"I won't" she said looking at Gauri, Gauri smiles at her and they hugged each other.

"I am so happy for you Anni! I wish god blesses you in this new chapter of your life" she said kissing her cheek.

"I wish that too Gauri. Thanks for always being there for me. I love you" Annika said smiling widely towards her.

Shivay went out and rolled up his sleeves in nervousness.
"What the hell is wrong with me. How can I say something like that in front of Gauri. I think I made it really awkward for Annika as well. I need to apologise to her. Behave Shivay Singh Oberoi." He said to himself and then went inside.

Annika and Gauri saw him coming inside.
"Sorry I got an urgent call to make. Should we leave?" he asked looking at both of them.

"Yes sure. Annika don't forget to take your medicines okay? And take care of yourself. Will see you in the morning." Gauri said to Annika hugging her good bye.

"You too Gauri. Take care and sleep well" Annika replies.

"Shivay!! Thanks a lot" Gauri said side hugging him. It felt as if Kavya hugged him. He hugged her back and said "Sisters are no supposed to thank brothers Gauri" and smiled.

Annika could see tears gathering up in their eyes. Life is so unpredictable. It changes everything so suddenly yet beautifully. A few days before they didn't even knew each other and now they were bound in such a beautiful relationship of a brother and sister. Annika was happy for Gauri. She knew how Gauri missed the presence of a brother in her life and somewhere she felt proud of Shivay. Her heart knew this man would be the best of every relation he shared. May it be a friend, a guide, a brother or a partner.