fade

you're like a dream that slips away
like sand against my hand
~ fade by jida & rachel lim

"Your mother just called..." Jia Qi entered her room with frown.

Yue turned her head to see Jia Qi, confused. "What?"

"Yeah, she called and asked me to come with you at the dinner!" Jia Qi said.

Yue smiled slowly. "She did?"

"Yeah, she did. I don't understand. Why would she invite me to come over for a dinner?" Jia Qi sat on the edge of Yue's bed as she watched Yue looking back to her mirror.

"Maybe she wants to say thank you because you let her beloved daughter stay at your home..."

"Yeah right... Remember the last time she was here? You and your mom were having so much fun, almost breaking all of my furnitures?"

Yue laughed at the memory. "Yes, we did!"

"Now, shall I go with you?"

"Of course, you will. In fact I'm ecstatic to have you with me tonight. Who knows what will happen in that dinner?"

Jia Qi knew what Yue meant.

"Okay then, I'll go and get ready now..." Jia Qi walked toward the door. Before she got out from Yue's room, she turned to Yue once again. "Yue?"

"Mmm..."

"Please get rid of that dress. You look horrible in that..."

"Hey!" Yue scowled at her.

Jia Qi smiled and pointed to a pale-yellow dress lying on her bed. "Try that. You'll look gorgeous in that. Don't waste your tan skin, honey! That's why we sunned naked on the roof..."

"JIA QI!!!"  Yue exclaimed in surprise and Jia Qi's laugh could be heard when she closed the door. Yue was still smiling as she recalled their fun time on Jia Qi's apartment roof. Yue, Jia Qi and some of their female college friends were doing a group study at that day and when they had break they decided to do wild things with tanning in daylight, naked! Oh, well, with their bikinis on. And they did! Yue couldn't remember the day she laughed so much like that day.

She tossed the dress she was holding and looking at her reflection on the mirror. She looked healthy with tan skin, despite her current loss of weight and she thought that she looked fabulous, even with her new-seen freckles. She should consider to get the tanning session regularly as she slipped on her pale-yellow dress, the one that Jia Qi suggested her into.

Wow!

She looked at herself once again. Jia Qi was right! The dress brought out her skin color and suddenly her freckles looked good, compared with the previous dress. She twirled around as she waved the silk fabric of her dress. It looked really good! The dress wrapped around her breasts until it touched her knees. She added a necklace with small sea shells as its pendulum around her neck. She had done her make-up earlier and luckily she put a natural one for her appearance, so it went good with her new dress.

She then looked herself once again on the mirror before busied herself with choosing her shoes for tonight's dinner. Her parents always wanted they look the best during dinner. She obviously didn't want her parents to think that Yue couldn't live by herself. That was why she put a lot of efforts in order to make her parents stop complaining.

"WOW!"

Yue turned her head and laughed as she saw Jia Qi with her jaw dropping.

"Wow yourself too!" Yue raised her eyebrows suggestively. Jia Qi wore a cute pink dress, and it looked gorgeous on her. Of course she always looked gorgeous, no matter what she was wearing.