bleed us dry

how beautiful it was
to be anything at all
but somehow it strikes me
that time can't beat all
~ speak up by pop etc

It felt like this happened so often now. They were tongue-tied, not knowing what to do. Why was it so difficult that now they decided to stay together? Why did they become so stupid that now Yue was knocked up when the situation was just getting worse? Why couldn't he hold himself and protect her? He was older, he was more experienced than her. He should had known that night would lead to this situation. But deep down, he knew he wanted this to happen. Maybe, he thought sadly, maybe because of this, their parents would let them to be together.

"I'll leave you two alone..." Jia Qi's tired voice echoed in the room. No response; both of them didn't take their eyes off each other. Jia Qi sighed as she walked to her room. Somehow she didn't feel like she lived in her own apartment anymore. Her life for several months had been revolved around Yue's love life. It felt like she didn't even time for herself anymore. Probably after this ended, she would take a long vacation, away from this city, this Wang family problem and... Caesar.

Back in the room, both of them just sat on the bed, in silence.

"Father and Mother?" Dylan's voice cracked.

Yue looked restless. "I can't, Dylan. I can't have this baby..."

"Why? Because our parents?" Dylan was getting more frustrated. "The hell with them!"

"DYLAN!" Yue stared at him disbelievingly. "They are my parents!"

"They are mine too, Yue!"

"Yes, I know. But for them, we're brother and sister. If I tell them I'm with your child, I can't imagine what will happen. I don't want them to suffer, Dylan!"

"You should think about that when we started this, Yue! We promise to be together, to face this together. We're in this together and you sacrifice our love for them?"

"DYLAN! How could you say that?" Yue exclaimed. "I can't believe you would say something like that for person who raised you!"

"And now I've become ungrateful person?" Dylan chuckled bitterly. "Cut me some slack, Yue. You want to destroy what we have for them..."

"Oh yeah? What do we have here, Dylan?" Yue crossed her arms in front of her chest, trying to seal herself. She walked away from Dylan.

"We have our love, Yue, and soon we will have our child..."

"I already told you I can't have this baby. My parents will kill me if they know I'm pregnant."

"It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm the father, hasn't it?" Dylan retorted sarcastically.Yue whimpered silently as Dylan groaned in frustration. Her silence confirmed his words.

"We can do this, Yue. All we have to do is telling them about us and the baby..."

"That easy? You mean like 'hey, mom, dad. How are you? Fine? Well, I'm not. I'm pregnant and by the way, the father is Dylan. You know? My brother...' Just like that, you mean?" She snapped harshly.

"You can't make me back off that easily, Yue. It's OUR baby we're talking about!"

"You think I don't know anything. I'm fully aware that this," Yue pointed angrily at her stomach. "is OUR BABY! Don't treat me like I'm so fucking stupid!"

"You are. You are stupid! You want to abort the baby just because you're afraid of your parents!"

"I'M NOT AFRAID!"