twelve

"oh i have a good one, would you rather eat toe nail clippings or lick a toilet bowl in a service station" annie asks eagerly, wanting to know the answer.

she and mackenzie sit on the swing set in carson's backyard. they've been playing would you rather for the past five minutes.

"ew! that's so gross" mackenzie gags whilst laughing loudly. she likes annie. she's sweet and welcoming. the two of them get on like a house on fire.

"just answer the question" annie whines, kicking her feet off of the dirty ground below her. she goes soaring through the cold air, a smile on her face.

     "are they my toe nail clippings?" mackenzie questions. she hates the way annie's mind works, it's quite disgusting.

     "yeah okay fine, they can be yours" she giggles.

     mackenzie lets out a sigh of relief. thank god annie didn't decide to go down the evil route.

     "i'll eat toenail clippings then" mackenzie confirms, nodding her head.

        "wise choice" annie says through a glowing smile.

    the new friends start to swing a little higher, laughter filling carson's backyard. that is, until the back door opens and out steps brynn and lauren. they walk over to the swing set, keeping their hands tucked away into their pockets until they reach their destination.

      "you smoke?" lauren asks, handing brynn a carton of cigarettes.

     mackenzie shakes her head, telling them no. she's never smoked a day in her life and she never wants to. its a bad habit and horrible for your health. or at least thats what her mom always used to say when she was still around a lot.

       "do you want to?" brynn smirks.

       annie looks between her old friends and her new one. she knows how brynn and lauren can be sometimes, especially to outsiders. that's all nadia's wrong doing. she made them like this.

       "no, she doesn't. come on kenzie lets go back inside" annie ushers. she stands up from the swing and tugs at mackenzie's hand.

      "always a fucking party pooper aren't ya annie?" brynn snarls, turning around to face the two girls that are walking back into the house.

    annie says nothing. instead, she uses hand gestures to tell brynn to fuck off.

      "don't get to used to him kenzie! he won't want to keep your little miss innocent ass for much longer and when he dumps you like the trash you are, he's gon come begging for a real woman" brynn yells, feeling rather weak. she wants mackenzie to fear her. it's what nadia would want.

     mackenzie, having enough for this blonde barbies bullshit, turns around, surprising all three girls.

     "and what? you think that's you?" she scoffs, crossing her arms.

     brynn smirks, loving the reaction she's getting from mackenzie. clearly she bothers her but now it's time to stop playing games and show her who she's really messing with.

      "i can sure as hell offer him way more than what you can princess purity".

     mackenzie frowns. princess purity?

      "and what's that supposed to mean?" she questions, moving her hands so that they are now placed firmly on her hips.

     lauren and annie watch silently as the two girls have a stare down, each of them trying to stop themselves from beating the others ass. which for mackenzie is new but it gives her so much adrenaline.

    "it means, everybody at school knows about how much of a goodie two shoes you are and that the reason no guy has ever asked you out is because you're a boring nerd who's a walking chastity belt" brynn yells, her face turning a bright shade of red.

     dead silence falls over the backyard, lauren shaking her head as she thinks brynn has gone too far and annie watching mackenzie, her heart breaking for the girl. mackenzie however is in a state of shock. is that really what everyone thinks about her? is she really that much of a suck up?

      "well" she says, ending the silence. "at least i'm not some cheap whore who gives it out to anyone who shows me even the slightest bit of attention".

    lauren holds back brynn as she attempts to attack mackenzie who smiles smugly to herself. now she's the one enjoying the reaction. annie giggles, pulling mackenzie towards the house again.

        "i bet you haven't even kissed him yet!" brynn yells.

      before mackenzie can respond to brynn, johnny comes out of the house, holding a menu in his hand, he's totally oblivious to the screaming match that was happening seconds earlier.

      "girls we're ordering pizza, why kind do you want?" he asks, his eyes focused on the menu in his hands.

      mackenzie smirks, turning her head to face brynn who is looking more than royally pissed.

       "oh yeah?" mackenzie says, making sure brynn is watching her every move.

     gathering every ounce of confidence she has, mackenzie walks over to johnny quickly, preparing herself for what she's about to do.

        "oh hey kenz, i was thinking we could split a-"

    johnny never got to finish his sentence due to mackenzie's lips connecting with his own. the confused boy stumbles back a little but regains his balance quickly, his arms snaking around her tiny waist, pulling her closer towards him. mackenzie cups his face in her hands as they move in perfect sync. slowly but surely, johnny slips his tongue inside of her mouth, their tongues doing some sort of tango together. both of them are feeling the same thing. it's a feeling they've never felt before but it's special and they don't know why.

   pulling back, johnny's eyes glazed with confusion but also surprise, he becomes aware of their audience. he clears his throat, mackenzie looking at annie who gives her a thumbs up. she smiles, looking back at johnny who's already staring at her, trying to figure out why she kissed him and why did he like it?

      "so, is that a yes to splitting a cheese pizza?" he chuckles, mackenzie unable to keep a straight face. she nuzzles her face into his chest, hiding from everyone.

     she can't believe she just done that. but she also can't believe that she wants to do it again.

________________________________________________________________________
fuck u brynn