2 - Preparing For The Final

Before I begin this chapter can I just say two things....

Firstly, thank you so much that only one chapter I wrote got 1K in under a month! That's incredible so thank you thank you. X

Secondly, I'm so sorry it's been so long since I last updated this book! I will try and update it as much as possible now to make up for it. (I am going to jump ahead to preparing for the final and I will write about them after strictly as well.

Enjoy the chapter!

                                    ********

Joe's POV

Me and Dianne have come so far since our first week. Dianne is an absolute miracle worker and it's amazing to think about how she turned me into such a bad dancer to almost pro.

The final. THE FINAL! We actually made it to the final and I'm a still not over the fact we are actually going.

It's a Monday morning, a fresh new week. Last week we didn't get the best scores, and I felt like I let Dianne down so much. She told me I hadn't, but I could still see the disappointment in her eyes. I can't let her down this Saturday. Especially as it is the final!

I get out of bed at the crack of dawn and quickly shower and get dressed.

I immediately drive to the studio. Meanwhile, I best tell you where I am with Dianne.

We have amazing chemistry. You can feel it just watching us dance. We haven't told each other of any feelings, but I really like her and she hasn't told me, but as she is single now I feel like she might have some feelings. We have been in many situations now where I feel as though we may have almost kissed.

I pull up to the studio and immediately see Dianne. Her face immediately lights up as she sees me and she pulls me into a tight hug, wrapping her legs around me.

"JOEEE! I can't believe we are in the final!"

"I know it's so crazy right? Who'd of thought it?" I said, laughing and spinning her around.

Dianne's POV

I was feeling a little dizzy today. I didn't want to tell Joe as I knew he would worry, and I can't have him getting distracted so close to the final.

"Right Joe. Let's dance!"

We practiced for many hours. I kept getting blotchy vision, but I managed to hold myself together. We are now stopping for a lunch break.

Joe's POV

As we walk down the road to a nearby cafe, I can't help but notice Dianne was a little shaky in the studio. I hoped she was ok.

Dianne ordered a pasta salad and I got some soup.

As we headed back up to the studio, she started getting shaky again.

"Dianne are you ok? You seem lost, stressed."

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine." She replied, avoiding any eye contact. I decided to brush it off and we continued dancing.

We began to turn and spin - it's a very energetic dance.

I see Dianne start to go a bit pale. She kept dancing though, so I carried on too. She suddenly stopped almost falling over.

"Dianne? Dianne what's wrong?"

She began to sway and shut her eyes. She was so pale.

"Oh my god Dianne what's wrong?" She didn't answer and began to fall backwards. I caught her just in time and carried her over to a chair.

I sat down with her holding her hand, drying to calm her down with some water. As she felt a bit better, she managed to get some words out.

"Thank you Joe. I don't know what's wrong with me today. I have got so dizzy!"

"Hey, that's ok. Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just so tired. Do you kind if we have a quick nap?"

"Of course."

She laid her head on my lap and I brought my arm around her, making sure she wouldn't fall if she fainted again. I couldn't help but imagine she was my girlfriend. Maybe she felt the same way....

————— End Of Chapter——————