Chapter 11: Unconcious

Kiara had her face buried in her pillows as she growled angrily. Lola was slouching in the chair by her bed, head lolling to the side as she slept. The door swung open as Valarie stormed in and stood at the opposite end of the bed, Lola bolted awake as she looked dreamily round to see the furious face of Valarie. Kiara didn't even turn around she stayed lying there wanting to sink into the duvet and never reappear.
"So where'd you go?" Lola yawned as she looked tiredly towards her, "you said you were going to do something" she was trying hard to adjust to the light.
"I first went to look for that damned Ebony except she completely disappeared!" She was exasperated as she let out a growl "But then I also found this idiot creeping around outside!" she snapped and then the person stomped in.
"Uh-I'm sorry" The person said and Kiara froze. Very slowly she turned round and saw Damon standing next to her sister with a look of worry on his face, "I didn't mean to be rude and-"
"And he followed you home" Valarie cut him off, finishing the sentence for him. She stood their with her arms crossed as Lola just sat there in a dazed state, "make sure he doesn't stay long and please when he's about to leave come find me" she said before walking away.
"I am so sorry about what's happened" Kiara began, jumping up and walking round to him, "I didn't want or mean any of this to happen, it just did" she was now standing right in front of him before making herself take a step backwards not wanting to impede on his personal space.
"Well I know it's not your fault, but you could've just come to me" he told her, his hand holding onto the back of his neck, looking nervous.
"It's not as simple as that" Kiara smiled at the floor, "I'll have to talk to you some other time, otherwise Val will go nuts" she met his eyes and looked almost sadly at him. He nodded in agreement and Kiara began to lead the way back to the front door where she assumed Valarie was waiting for her.

Valarie looked disgruntled, leaning against the wall by the door constantly checking her watch and sighing impatiently. As soon as she saw Kiara and Damon emerging down the stairs.
"It's about time!" She said, covering the distance and grabbing Damon's arm, "get moving!" She told him giving him a slight push away.
"Please don't get rid of everything" Kiara pleaded with Valarie who nodded in return and gave her a "sure".
She gave a wave to Damon before she made her way back up the stairs and into her room.

Lola seemed to have left and gone to her own room, but she wanted to make sure she was okay. So she wandered down the hall and peered in through Lola's door who was fast asleep on top of duvet and still in her day clothes. Kiara laughed to herself but it ended suddenly when a high pitched scream rang out through the entire castle.
"Valerie!" Were the only words that escaped Kiara's mouth as her face lost all colour. She forgot all tiredness she'd had before and was sprinting down the hall and jumped down from the top stair and out of the front door, red eyes now glowing and fangs beginning to protrude. Her eyes darted across the grounds before coming across too bodies lying in the short grass. She was over there in a second, crouching beside them. Valarie and Damon were both out cold, Kiara knew she couldn't check for a pulse for Valarie but she was cared for when her Dad formed beside her, picking up Valarie.
"Get the boy away from here! He growled, "now!" Kiara nodded and began to pick up Damon but then Lola stepped in on the other side as her dad left.
"It'll look less suspicious if we're both carrying him"  there were dark circles round her eyes but Kiara knew she was right and so didn't send her back to bed, but they couldn't very well go and take him back through the middle of town, and they didn't even know if he was alright.
"We've gotta get him back to his house" Lola nodded and they set off.

They managed to take the back roads and were now on the other side of a fence that they knew (or rather hoped) was Damon's house.
"Right Lola, do you want me to go and see which ones his room or do you?" She asked, hoisting Damon back up.
"I'll go, I'm quieter" and before Kiara could take offence, Lola was over the fence and gone.
"Trouble just seems to follow you around doesn't it" she muttered to her unconscious friend.  After a few minutes of waiting around Kiara heard a whisper from the other side of the fence."I've got it, throw him over" Lola whispered.
"Throw-throw him over!? I'm not throwing him over!" She whisper-shouted back, but gently lifted Damon up and over, careful not to get him stuck on the fence. She hopped over herself and saw Lola pointing up to one of the open windows.
"His room, I'm sure of it" Kiara acknowledge it and jumped up at the wall, gripping onto the window ledge and pulling herself up. She managed to slip a hand through and held onto the lever that made the window open wider, enough for Damon to get through. She made a gesture to Lola who started lifting Damon up and Kiara pulled him up and somehow got him through. She followed suit, and put Damon on his bed. She looked around and smiled to herself before turning back to him. He had no signs of harm and seemed to be fine despite being unconscious. Giving him one last check, she jumped back out carefully gliding back down the wall and leaving with Lola back over the fence and sprinting home.