Chapter Two: Love, Spin the bottle, Rejected

Remember that conversation we had? That one late at night and you were upset cause your parents won't let you go out? Or do something you want to do?

Remember when I said,

Kloie:

Promise me that when we are in our 20's that we will do something crazy.
Just you and me. Somewhere far so no one will know.
And it will be a week of doing something brave for once. Something fun. So we can remember that one week of crazy when we start going bald and start to have wrinkles on our faces. So we can die knowing that we did something brave, fun, exciting forever.

Dani:

Yes I promise! We can do it sooner if you want! And btw you made me cry! 😭

Something crazy? Something fun to us? What about something like this...

- Kloie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kloie's POV

I wait for Dani to fall asleep, like always it doesn't take long for that to happen. Once she does I walk over to my closet and open it.

I search for my pair of short shorts and black shirt that has a white lace America flag on it. Once I got changed I slip on my black booties and walked over to my desk, I press my IPhone on to check the time.

" 9:57 " I say quietly.
I sit down waiting to hear Luke's car come up my driveway.

I turn to face Dani who is snoring a little. Her hair is all over the pillow probably going to be all tangled when she wakes up in the morning.

I would wake her up to ask if she wants to come, but, knowing Dani, who sucks at lying, would rat us out.
My eyes turn towards my window as I see headlights start to drive up to my house.

I open my window slowly to make sure it doesn't make a sound.
I stand up on my desk to step on the roof. And some how when I was doing this, my foot had to brush my lamp on the edge of my desk.

My eyes staring at it as if it would stop it from falling, I wish it did.

I kneel quickly down on my desk but I was to late. Once my lamp hit the ground the sound of papers wrinkling and plastics bending echoes through my room.

I cover my mouth hoping no one heard that. I squint my eyes shut hoping Dani was still asleep. The sound of the sheets moving and a groan.

" Kloie? What are you doing? " I hear a sleep voice say.
I open my eyes to find Dani sitting up and staring at me like I was an animal in a forest who was about to eat her.

I try to think of an excuse but nothing comes to me for the first time ever.

I look down at my lamp that now lays on the ground with a bunch of papers and plastic around it, I try to think what I look like, kneeing down on my desk with my window open...
A teenager trying to sneak out to a party?
Well no duh?!

" Umm... Looking at the stars? " It sounded more like a question than it needed to.

I watch as Dani's face turn from scared to confused. I don't blame her, if I woke up to someone standing on their desk kneeing with the window open, I would think they were turning in to a werewolf or sleepwalk.

" So you change into short shorts and booties to look at the stars? "
I can tell Dani knows I'm lying just by the way she is looking at me and has her arms crossed over her chest now.