I Believe by EGStryker

SONG: Oath

ARTIST: Cher Lloyd ft. Becky G

WATTPAD WORD COUNT: 4,112 words

COACH: Hope

Two rabbit kits stood before me with their head bowed down. I could feel the tension they're experiencing which made me raise a brow. The one positioned on the left lifted his head head up making me see those wide innocent eyes. I've been waiting for them to say what I wanted to hear but to no avail. It seemed like they were too scared to speak before me.

"What should you say after making a mistake?" I gently said as I took a step closer and sat before them. It was an act to let them know that everything's completely fine, that they should be calmed. They looked at each other as if they were asking who should go first. I tried to control my chuckle with what I witnessed, those rabbit kits sure were adorable.

Heaving out a sigh, they spoke in unison, "We're sorry, Mr. Leon. We won't do it again."

A sincere smile uncontrollably formed on my lips with what I heard. Those were the words that I've been waiting for which had been passed on in this forest, my territory. It brought pride within me thinking that I managed to successfully teach it to the children after years of my reign. As the one guiding all of them; it somewhat gave me a feeling that everything I did was a success. I lifted my paw and tapped their heads as they remained looking rather timid due to the fault they did.

"It's ok, just be careful next time, especially near Mr. and Mrs. Ant's house," I said in a mellow tone that made them look at me. The way they locked their eyes on me was full of meaning that I didn't fail to get what their eyes were trying to say. A chuckle filled my mouth and in my nod; the two kits playfully ran away towards the bushes and left me with a wide beam on my face.

With that small issue done, I then roamed my eyes to see the beautiful view of my forest. The butterflies that flew near me first caught my attention. It's as if they were dancing around in group, bringing the brightest mood that they could ever bring for the ones who would lay their eyes onto them. Wandering my eyes to check up on my people, I saw that they were as vigorous as ever, that I could see right through their faces the cheerful aura residing within them. Deers, hares, bears, squirrels and a whole lot more of my people were living harmoniously without a single uncertainty. Unity and order rose within their hearts.

The ever lively plants and flowers with their leaves so green made me turn my gaze to them. It was so relaxing that it actually gave me serenity upon staring at them. In a gesture of my paw, its stem started to crawl towards me and began surrounding me. With my every command, they obeyed me. They made me feel the absolute loyalty they had for me. I then lifted my head up to take a sight of the tall trees, and there I saw some rays of sunshine were beaming through its thick leaves, giving us enough and wonderful light.

Being one of the four guardians gave me huge and thousands of responsibilities. I was reigned the guardian of the forest, entrusted to protect and look after it as a whole. I could still remember the time when father passed me the title; the pressure was unexplainable and extreme, that it even went to the point that I questioned my ability. They said that a fair lion like me was a perfect fit for the position, so I was left with no choice but to embrace the tasks given to me. At first, I was in doubt, but after everyone showed me their umwavering support, I then realized that I shouldn't. Instead, I should accept it whole-heartedly. Until, I didn't notice that I was enjoying each and every things I did for everyone, that I've gotten used to it.

My people and the forest seemed to be in great shape once again, and so I left to go to a place where I always spend my time. It was a place where a clear river could be seen, flowing pleasantly towards the sea. That had always gave me a soothing feel upon hearing its gratifying melody. I sat down beside a boulder standing near the river and closed my eyes, and there I felt the caress of the blissful morning. The admirable tune that I could hear and the fresh air endearing my nose bestowed an utter satisfaction deep inside me.