N I N E

Packing away the photographs that hung on the wall in the lounge, Suzy laughed to herself at the sound of Rosé cursing under her breath whilst hunting for aspirin in one of the kitchen cabinets. They had intended to make sure the room was clear the previous evening.

However, that plan had been thwarted by Suzy's mom arriving on the doorstep armed with copious amounts of wine and tales of her latest escapades. Rosé had never been able to resist the lure of her stories, and all thoughts of ensuring they were ready for today went out the window.

Suzy, in spite of the trepidation she felt towards having to meet with her father the following week, had managed to stay sober. She had risen early and was virtually all done as Rosé wandered into the lounge armed with water and the pills she obviously required to help with the headache Suzy suspected she was nursing.

"Why am I completely incapable of saying no to your mother?" Rosé asked quietly as she seated herself carefully on one of the armchairs.

"She has a nasty habit of having that affect on people," Suzy replied with a grin. "Is it really that bad?"

"It currently feels as though I have an army marching through my head," Rosé mumbled as she sipped her water. "And now I feel worse because I've left you to do all of this. I'm sorry Suzy, I don't know why I let your mom convince me that the wine actually needed to be finished."

"It's not a problem, besides, Hoseok will be here any minute, he can always help me finish up if you don't feel up to it."

Rosé managed a smile.

"No no, I'll be fine. Have you thought any more about what your mom said last night with regard to Hoseok, about all the being honest stuff?" she asked.

"I have," Suzy began as she walked the box through to the dining room, "and I've decided that-" The doorbell interupted her mid sentence.

"Guess we'll talk about that later huh?" Rosé added as Suzy disappeared to answer the door.

Rosé sat back in the chair and closed her eyes, wishing she hadn't been so caught up in drinking all the wine the previous night.

"Oh great!"

She opened an eye, seeing the one person she would have wanted to avoid at any cost today.

"Oh joy! Tweedle Dee brought Tweedle Dum," she stated glumly.

"I thought you said she wasn't going to be here," Jimin hissed at Hoseok.

"Ooops?" Hoseok answered with a shrug, following Suzy out into the kitchen.

Rosé sighed and rubbed her temples. "What's up with you this morning anyway, you look like death." Jimin pointed out.

"Why thank you, I'll take that as a compliment coming from the idiot who insists on wearing his sunglasses indoors." Rosé answered, trying not to laugh as he stood there and removed them. She studied him for a brief moment, trying not to let her eyes linger on the biceps that rippled out from the sleeveless shirt he wore.

"Maybe you want to consider putting them back on, bloodshot is not a good eye color," she pointed out with a smirk.

"It was a heavy night. Are they really that bad?" He asked, actually sounding as though Rosé's opinion mattered to him. Rosé held his gaze, a warm smile creeping onto her face as she took in the beauty and warmth of his eyes.

"No, they look pretty good from here," she answered softly. Jimin tried to hide the smile that crossed his lips at her words, quickly turning it into a frown.

"Are you gonna move your hungover ass out of that chair so I can move it?" He grumbled.

"Gladly. I'd stay put, but we all know how clumsy you are, I wouldn't want to be dropped again." Rosé retorted, standing up and flouncing out of the room. Jimin grinned to himself. She was feisty, and boy did he like it.