Chapter Three: Quirks, Unleashed!

The staff of U.A were looking over the final scores for the examinees who had been accepted into the school. The scores were all displayed on a huge TV screen, giving them all a chance to assess the top students.

"Damn, that kid took first place without a single rescue point!" One of the teachers whistled. "Katsuki Bakugou, huh? That's one tough kid."

"His Quirk let him pick up the pace as the exam went on," another replied. "He picked off the One and Two pointers early on, then while the other examinees were running from the Zero Pointer, he went wild and stacked up a huge amount of points."

"In contrast..." Another member of the staff pointed at the score profile for Izuku Midoriya. "That kid placed seventh with just one villain point. The only reason he passed at all was because he got a crazy high score on rescue points."

"We've had examinees take on the giant villain in the past, but it's been years since I saw someone blow it to hell like that! I was surprised!"

Present Mic threw a fist in the air. "I couldn't help but shout "YEAAAHHH" when I saw that wicked right! Kid earned his spot here, fair and square!"

"But the injuries he received from the blow back of his Quirk were intense," Recovery Girl mentioned. "It was as though a child had just manifested their Quirk for the first time."

"It's true insofar that he needs a lot of grooming," another hero added. "But if he gets to a point where he can use that power without blowing his body up, he'll definitely become a talented hero. That punch reminded me of All Might!"

In the back of the room, a tired looking man in dark clothes and a silver-gray scarf eyed Izuku's profile disdainfully. What a ruckus...

/////

Izuku ran to the beach as soon as he got a text from All Might. He didn't care if it was the middle of the night, he had to see the guy.

He spotted the lanky figure waiting for him by a small pier and shouted. "All Might!"

The man choked up blood with a stutter. "W-who's that?!"

Izuku suddenly heard people calling towards them. "What? All Might?!"

The hero lowered his voice to a hiss. "Repeat after me! I had the wrong person!"

"Ah-" Izuku waved his hands frantically at the couple standing on the pier not far off. "I had the wrong person!"

They made sounds of disappointment, but All Might's cover was saved, so they both sighed in relief.

All Might held a hand up. "Congrats on passing."

"Th-thanks!" Izuku gave him a nervous high-five.

"For the record, I didn't tell the academy about the work we've done together, got it? I don't want you to think you got in because I told them to let you in. I wasn't one of the judges."

Izuku nodded, smiling gratefully. "I appreciate that. But I was surprised to hear you decided to become a teacher at U.A! Your office is located at Roppongi, Minato Ward in Tokyo-"

"Getting creepy," All Might stopped him with a huff. "Anyways, I told the academy a year ago about my predicament, but that was before I met you. I had plans for them to inform me if they ever found a worthy successor for One for All..."

The boy swallowed. It made sense that All Might would look for a successor from the best hero school in the world. He'd probably intended to pick one of the talents there before he'd met Izuku at all.

"One for All blows up my body even if I use it just once," Izuku told him. "I can't handle it any better then I can handle my own Quirk..."

"There's no getting around that," All Might told him. "For now, you've only just become able to hold One for All in your body. If you just suddenly sprouted a tail, you wouldn't have the foggiest idea of how to use it. Control of it will come later the more you train up your "vessel"."