Chapter 1 :)

The lights were hot and bright, and I was sweating even through the thin summer dress I was wearing. With my earpiece in, I could hear someone telling me to go side of stage. This could change my life forever, but was I willing to leave my life behind, in chance to start again?

I heard my name called out, as I stuck the sticker with my number on the low edge of my floral dress and headed onto the stage.

"Brooklyn Haven, 15 years old" I said, with a shaky tone to my voice.

It was silent as I walked over to the piano, my footsteps were all that was heard.

From that moment on, I don't remember what happened, my voice soared, and my fingers moved like magic, with not one flaw.

I only remember onwards from when I heard the crowd roar, only to be greeted with a standing ovation, something I'd only ever dreamed of. The crowd started to die away.

"Brooklyn, X factor means show business, and you stole the show!" Said one of the judges, standing from his chair and clapping again. I waved thanks to the screaming audience and bowed.

I thought I was going to cry, I was so overwhelmed as I ran off stage, only to be welcomed into the arms of my parents, who came with me today.

We stood and hugged for god knows how long, and then walked arm in arm back into the waiting room to grab my bag. My parents were asked to fill in some forms (about going on tv blah blah blah) so I told them to meet me back in the waiting room in half an hour.

I headed to the café as I was totally starving, but the que was a mile long, so I got a bag of chips from the vending machine. I found a vacant couch in the corner of the room, it was a large room, with red carpet and red tables. I sat to one edge of the long three seater, and pulled out my phone.

17 messages. Geez my friends always bombard me. I had 10 from Stef, and 7 from bri, both eagerly waiting to hear the news. I typed a message up exclaiming every detail, before sending the message to both in a group chat. I could see that bri started to type a reply and I sat anxiously waiting for her reply.

"Hey it's Brooklyn right?"

It was deep and husky, and seemed to be coming from close.

I turned around quite fast, only to jump upon realising he had seated himself next to me.

"Umm, yeah that's me" I said, sitting back up on my seat.

"Wow, you were amazing, your voice was beautiful! I was watching from the audience. I have to say I've never heard anything like it. Oh I'm sorry, I'm Ashton by the way". He said in a lively voice.

"That's a nice name" I replied trying not to sound like a complete idiot. He had light brown hair, and was super handsome. His figure made me get butterflies, and I couldn't look at him. I had no experience with guys, as I'd gone to a private girls school all my life. He kind of just stared at me for a few seconds, before opening his mouth to say something before stopping and rethinking it over in his head.

ASHTON POINT OT VIEW

I stared at her for a few seconds, taking in her beauty. She had bright green eyes, and wavy, light chocolate coloured hair, that just passed her shoulders. She was amazing on that stage, her voice soared and echoed from wall to wall, entrancing the audience, and even though I was just watching, I felt like she took me somewhere else with her song. She only sat at the piano, yet confidence just flowed off her, and she had the most amazing smile.

"Did you write that" I asked "I've never heard of it before".

"Yeah" she replied, trying not to make eye contact with me. There was an awkward silence that fell between us, and I was about to say something before she turned to me.

"Did you like it?" She asked, with a look of hope in her eyes.

"It would be a crime to say I didn't" I replied.

Upon those words she started to blush.

"You're blushing you know" I started to laugh.

She giggled a little, and a smile grew on her face.

Damn her smile... It was so cute.

BROOK P.O.V

"You're blushing you know" he said, and I knew he had a sense of humour, I started to giggle and a giant smile grew on my face.

He stared at me again for a few seconds before snapping out of it and he stood up.

"I shouldn't keep you long, it was lovely meeting you".

And before I knew it, he was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!!

My first fan fic, please don't hate! I would love feedback to help me along the way and please help me get some reads!!

Thankssss

Brittany xx