Chapter 1: Love At First Sight

River's Hatred
A child had just been born. River had birthed a small pink tabby female kitten with green eyes. It was love at first sight.
She will make a great thief one day. River thought with a purr, Bramble looked the proudest he had ever been in his entire life. He took the kitten in his arms and nuzzled her.
"What shall we name her?" Bramble asked cradling the kitten and looking at River, the gray and blue tabby frowned and thought about it, what should she name the pink kitten? Then she looked down at the bouquet of roses beside her  that were a gift from her mother, Waterfall. They were the same pink color as her newborn daughter's fur, they even had some magenta markings like her daughter's stripes! River pricked her ears.
"How queer, those roses are the same color as our kitten!" She exclaimed turning to Bramble, the bobcat Persian hybrid just shrugged.
"Must be a coincidence." Bramble replied, River didn't believe that.
"It must be a sign from Tawnya." She meowed twitching one ear, "Do you think we shall name her Rose?" She asked, the hybrid smiled and nodded. "It's perfect!" He purred,
"Purrfect." River corrected with a sly smile. As Rose grew, she showed no signs of looking like either parents. The only thing that was similar was that she had River's green eyes. Both parents would question this as she grew because no one else in their family had pink tabby fur. Two years later River birthed a white female kitten with black splotches and green eyes like her sister and mother. Again, the new kitten did not look like both parents or any other family member. They named the new kitten Petunia after another bouquet of flowers given by Waterfall. River had plans for both kittens, she wanted them to grow to be thieves.