Chapter 3: Grim

Nightwhisper passed Jagged Peak and began trekking the path to Snowden. He didn't really feel regrets about his decision to leave Woodburrow. The closer he got; the colder it was. He shivered. Nightwhisper could see his breath billowing in front of his snout. He walked deeper and felt his fur frost and his body shut down. Nightwhisper stumbled and fell into the snow.
"N....no.... I c....can't. S....someone help....." he whimpered. No one came. He looked around desperately and found a cave. Nightwhisper dragged his body there and used the last of his energy to start a fire with his cape. He collapsed at the back of the cave, feeling the warmth slowly return to his body.
I can't do this. He realized. My fur isn't thick enough to survive the cold without potions or armor. Then he had another thought.
Maybe it could be someday. So, every day after that he would go outside and see how long he could stand the cold until, he had grown used to it and his fur grew thicker. Nightwhisper had no clue that this had taken two months. He walked forward until he cane across a sign that said: "Welcome to Snowden"
Nightwhisper walked in and saw a bunch of blue, white, dark blue, and silver animals there.
"Ah, a visitor." A navy wolf with a white muzzle and blue eyes said.
"My name is Nightwhisper, who are you?" He asked.
"I am the chief of this village and my name is Griffin. You are not from here, yet you smell like us. Have you been living here for some time?" The wolf asked. Nightwhisper blinked.
"Yeah. I'm from Woodburrow and I didn't bring anything warm so I stayed in a cave until my fur grew thicker." The gray wolf answered.
"Interesting....." Griffin commented.
"Hey, do you guys have a blacksmith?" Nightwhisper asked.
"Yes, do you need one?" The blue wolf asked.
"Not exactly..... I'd like to have someone to train me to be one." The gray wolf explained. Griffin nodded.
"We can do that." He said, smiling.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A year passed and Nightwhisper became a skilled blacksmith. His mentor passed on and now he was their blacksmith. He would occasionally go back to his Woodburrow home and chat with Pike. This was his new life. He had survived the cold and showed his true bravery. Nothing is more powerful than that.