Chapter 1: Shadow of the Sun

SunShadow's Fire
An calico female persian had just given birth to a half black and half orange kitten with slitted green eyes.
"Look IceWater! He's beautiful!" She purred, showing him her kitten. Her husband looked at him through narrowed green eyes. He reached out a black paw and touched the kitten's forehead.
"Yes. He make good Warrior when time," IceWater grunted, his black pelt shining.
"What shall we call him?" The calico cat asked. IceWater stared at the kitten with intensity. He then glanced at the setting sun. The black cat turned back to her.
"Shadow of the Sun. He is orange and black, like the sun and it's shadow. He is as mysterious as the dark side of the sun. We shall call him SunShadow," IceWater answered. The calico cat purred.
"Splendid! What a powerful yet mysterious name!" She purred.
"Yes DawnFlower," IceWater agreed. DawnFlower's previous husband NightShadow peeked into their hut. He glared jealously at IceWater with his evil orange eyes. His purple and yellow fur bristled. He had a son with her named MidnightEclipse but one night, he disappeared. No one knew what came of their offspring.
NightShadow had every right to hate IceWater. DawnFlower thought that he had killed MidnightEclipse but that was far from the truth. She divorced him and married IceWater instead. The purple and yellow cat turned away from the hut. It turned out that the birth was far from over. DawnFlower was going to have twins!
She then birthed a half black and half white kitten with slitted lime eyes. By then, the moon had risen into the navy sky.
"What shall we call this one?" DawnFlower asked tiredly.
"The moon shines now. This one will be Shadow of the Moon. He looks like his brother, except that black half of his body is on the opposite side and he's half white. He is as mysterious as the dark side of the  moon. We shall call him MoonShadow," IceWater answered. "You should rest now." The calico cat nodded and slumped back against her chupacabra skin bed.
DawnFlower fell asleep and IceWater went to go fetch food. NightShadow watched the black cat walk away and slunk back into the hut like a slippery weasel. He watched the sleeping calico cat with jealousy. She should be his wife! Not that slimy wife-stealing imp! He would get revenge. He kissed the sleeping cat and slunk back out.
The calico cat smiled and snorted softly again. IceWater came back with some deer meat and sat by the bed, waiting for her to wake. Little did he know what the purple and yellow cat planned to do to him....