~Shit Happens~

c h a p t e r-s i x

"Thanks for letting me stay babe." I wrap Yvonne up in a tight hug, cringing as her chest rubs against my cheek as she laughs.

"No problem, short-shit." She smirks at me and I roll my eyes, giving her the finger as I walk backwards out of the door.

"I'll get you back for that, ma'am. And oh, I hope you had fun last night." I wink at her, laughing at her gobsmacked expression.

Rick opens my door for me, and I slide in, smiling at him as he closes it behind me. I watch Yvonne give him a lingering look before she shuts the door quietly.

Rick slides in the front seat. I lean forward, raising my eyebrows suggestively.

"She's single," I tease in a sing-song voice.

He chuckles, "Buckle up, Mrs. Rosario. Wouldn't want you getting hurt." He states, pressing hard on the gas pedal.

I squeal, holding onto the seat. "Ass." I mutter, sitting back and strapping myself in.

Last night I could barely sleep, wondering if Emilia was okay or if anything happened at the club. She promised to check in with me, yet she hadn't. She could've at least contacted Rick to let him know something..if anything went down. I checked my phone multiple times this morning before giving up, since I'd be home soon.

"Miss." A deep voice cuts into the haze of my slumber. I rub my eyes, sitting up.

"Where are we?" I mumble, my eyes adjusting.

"We're back at the mansion, Mrs. Rosario. You dozed off."

My vision finally comes back to me clearly, and I nod. "Thank you, Rick."

He nods curtly, grabbing my hand to help me out. He steadies me with his hand as I stumble. "Oh jeez."

"You look tired, Miss. No sleep last night?"

I shake my head, yawning. "Nope. Didn't sleep well at all."

"Perhaps you can't sleep without your other half." He teases.

I look at him shocked by his sudden change of attitude. The men and women around here were so serious, you'd be surprised by the few times they were playful.

"Did I overstep?" He asks as we walk through the front door, and he closed it behind us.

"No..no no. You're just..tense all of the time. Refreshing to see you laugh or smile at times." I say, flinging off my shoes.

He nods, "It's the job, Mrs. Rosario. That's all."

I hum in agreement, covering my mouth as another yawn overtakes me.

"Get some rest."

"Thank you, Rick. I'll put in a good word." I laugh, turning to walk up the steps.

As soon as I reached the last step that leads to the hallway that contained our room, I watch Amanda walk out of one.

A frown falls onto my face as I walk closer, realizing that the room was mine.

She walks by me, a smirk on her face but something seeming off in her eyes.

I bump her shoulder, walking quickly into the room to see Emilia asleep lying down on a messy bed.

I stroll over to her side, looking down at the clothes on the floor. She wouldn't...my throat clogs up.

"Wake up," I hiss, slapping her arm.

She mumbles incoherently, shushing me.

"Emilia." I slap her.

She springs up, almost falling off of the bed. "W-what? Oh fuck," she groans, grabbing her head.

"Good. Now that you're up, would you mind telling me what the fuck Amanda is doing here and why the fuck did she leave our room just now?"

She scrunches up her face, now looking at me. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Don't fucking play dumb. Why the hell is she here?"

She runs a hand down her face. "Do we have to do this now? My head is killing me."

I scoff, "You're unbelievable. Call me when you have time to explain things to me." I spit, turning to walk away. 

She grabs my arm, yanking me back. "Sophia, please just tell me what you're talking about."

I turn my heated gaze to her, holding my tears at bay. "Look around you. Clothes on the floor. Amanda just left this room and you're barely dressed underneath the sheets. I texted you more than once, check your fucking phone. And you want to ask me if we have to do this now?" I rip my arm out of her grasp, taking a few steps back.

"I.. I don't know.." she trails off, getting up to stand on her feet. She looks around confused. "It's not what you think. It can't be."

"Oh, really? Well when you figure it out, let me know." I storm out of the room, ignoring her calls.

Oh, and when I see that bitch Amanda again, I'm going to rip her fucking head off.

I slam the front door closed, a tear dropping down my cheek.

"Woah, Soph?" Jesse steps in front of me, holding his hands out to prevent me from walking further.

"What, Jesse? I don't have time for your jokes today." I snap, looking up at him. His eyebrows are knitted together in concern as he gazed down at me.

"What's wrong?"

I chuckle, crossing my arms over my chest. "Oh, I'm sure you don't know. You and Eric went with her last night to the club. You guys would've been here all night, and hadn't thought of contacting me?"

Guilt flashed through his eyes and he steps closer, opening his mouth.

I hold my hand up, interrupting him. "Forget it. It would make sense you two would be more loyal to her than to me. I understand." I brush passed him, taking my keys out of my pocket to unlock the car door.

"Sophia I promise we wanted to tell you."

"But you couldn't tell me that she cheated on me? Why?" I snap, whipping around to look at him.

"Cheated? What're you talking about?" He looks genuinely confused, his face scrunched up.

My breath leaves me. "You..you didn't know?"

He shakes his head, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Well, I just caught Amanda leaving my room with a robe on. Clothes were littered all over the floor and Emilia? Oh a throbbing headache and she has no clue what happened." I glance down at the ring on my finger, getting choked up again. Why marry me?

"What?!" His face turns red, and for a second I'm sure he had stopped breathing. Why the hell was he so worried about it?

I slap him on the back. "Dude chill. It's her funeral not yours."

"She..she made us not tell you that she was bringing Amanda back. I guess she was going through some shit and Emilia felt like helping."

I bite my lip hard, wanting to feel something other than the ever increasing ache in my chest.

"Really?" My voice breaks. Emilia still wasn't out here. She didn't chase after me.

I trusted her. With everything in me. When she walked into a room and her eyes fell on me, they'd light up as if I was the only thing she saw in this world. Hell, she even married me. But that's only on paper. Truly, it means nothing. Meant nothing to her the moment we said 'I do.'

"I'm sorry Sophia." But his voice sounded distant. I nodded, turning to open the car door. I slide in, starting the car before zipping away.