Chapter 1: PupLife

The moon was at its highest peak also called moonhigh. The clouds hung there in the sky not moving, the moon shone brightly when I was born, or so my mom said. My mother or Bluemoon said that MoonPack looked down on me when my little life in the world was born, to meet great discoveries of the forest and beyond. Anyway I am a pup of Eclipse pack and I am the son of the Alpha's, Bluemoon and LoonMoon. I am only four moons old which is very young to start yapping about the camp. The camp is in a large cavern with a lagoon to the far right while there is are rocks to make moss and reed beds in, and there is a large hole in the top of the cave where the moon shines brightly down on the camp. I was in the Alpha's den nuzzling my mom in the side, she nuzzled me back and starting licking my fur to make me look neat. 

"Ugh, mom why are you licking me?" I complained. 

"To keep your dirty fur clean since your in my bedding!" she said playfully and nudged me out of the moss bedding. 

"Hey!" I yapped and scrambled back next to her and laid back down and nipped playfully at her paw. 

"Oh you wanna have a play fight Moonpup!" Mom looked at me and stood fast getting to her paws and tried hitting me with her paw, but I dodged it and jumped at her back. 

"Missed!" she called teasingly as she ran around me. 

"Hey!" I yapped again as I chased her all around the den. 

"Ok that's enough Moonpup." she said tiredly as she laid down back on the moss bedding. "Ugh, mom please just a little more running around? I asked. Ahh, I wanted to run forever! I thought. 

"Sorry Moonpup but I am not as young as you and your boundless energy." she said to me briskly. Hmm I know mom is an Alpha, I know they have 5 lives, I wonder how many she has now? I'll ask! I thought. 

"Mom?" I asked. 

"Yes Moonpup?" she cocked her head in the dimming light. 

"How many life's do you have left?" I asked questionly. 

"That's not for your ears to know, noisy pup!" Mom said teasingly. Ugh, really? I thought. The Moon was rising into the hole in the top of the cavern, it looked so beautiful. "Moonpup you know that when it is moonhigh the spirits of Moon Pack look down on us all," mom said. 

"Mom will you tell me the story of Moon Pack again?" 

"Sure Moonpup," she started telling the story again. "There are five Moon Pack leaders, NewMoon, ShiningSun, ThunderStorm, ShadedMoon, and WhiteBlaze they give the Alpha's five life's just like there are five Moon Pack leaders. They were the original Pack of this land we now live in NewMoon and ShadedMoon were the Alpha's of the Pack and ShiningSun was the Beta. I interrupted her 

"Mom why did the pack split apart?" She gave me a hard look, and then it softened. "Moonpup, they split apart because NewMoon saw ShadedMoon try and kill ShiningSun so he said to the others it is not safe to stay together so they broke apart and began their own packs now known as," mom took a breath. "EclipsePack, SunPack, ShadowPack, StormPack, and WhitefirePack." Mom finished. I was starting to get sleepy. 

"Mom, do they give wolf's dreams?" I asked sheepishly. 

"Yes they do, but only Alpha's get them," she said to me. 

"What about Baystar?" I cocked my head. 

"He is not an Alpha yet so no Moonpup," Mom said. "Also get some sleep Moonpup you need it so you can become an apprentice someday than a Gl to protect the Pack," Mom finished her sentence. 

"Oh, ok Mom," I said dramatically.