I Dare You To Let Me Be, Your One & Only

EMMA

We arrived at The Rabbit Hole laughing as we walked through the door, but as we entered everything went quiet, as if time stopped. We stopped laughing and noticed everyone staring at us in shock.

"Is there a problem?" Regina glared at everyone, I placed my palm to rub against her back, calming her down then took her hand in mine. We heard Mom calling out to us. She was with Zelena, Ruby, Belle, and Mulan.

"Wow, you two look absolutely gorgeous!" Zelena squealed in her British accent.

"Thank you!" We both smiled.

"Okay ladies, so here's some drinks, get them down ya, then we're going to have a sing-song on the karaoke." Ruby informed everyone.

"Karaoke?" Regina asked.  She did not look at all enthusiastic. I nudged her and whispered in her ear.

"This is our night Gina, let loose and let's have fun okay?" I smiled at her before giving her a soft kiss on the cheek that made her blush.

It took a few minutes for Gina to respond, I could see her facials expressing her thoughts.  Karaoke was definitely out of her comfort zone, and she was debating within herself.  "Okay, but Swan." She warned. "I will sing after you."

"No problems Madam Mayor." I winked.

We drank at least 3 shots of whiskey each and had some wine and beers scattered around the table. The night was going great, a lot of laughs, singing along with others on karaoke and dancing, there were even moments of Regina and I flirting with each other.

Mom stood first to sing on the karaoke, she is so hilarious when she drinks. She sang Rod Stewart's – Da ya think I'm Sexy and was very animated with her dancing too. I could hear Regina beside me laughing and wiping the tears from her eyes. I so wanted to bend down and kiss her lips but I held back. Just flirt, no touching only words and teasing looks I scolded to myself. 

Mulan and Ruby were next, they sang Elton John and Kiki Dee's song – Don't Go Breaking My Heart. Mulan was Elton and Ruby was Kiki. They're such lovebirds! Belle sang Vengaboys Shala-la-la-la song and every time it got to the chorus the entire bar would sing along with her.

I kept glancing at Regina, I just could not take my eyes off her.  It was really making me all hot and bothered, every time I would look at her or think of her, I could only hear Killian's words "If you want your happy ending, you best do something about it."  My mind was racing.

Zelena sang Madonna's Like a Virgin, with her red hair flying everywhere as she walked up to nearly every male in the bar, I tell you, we could not stop laughing. Next, it was my turn, so I went up and took the mic, as I stood there  I had decided that I am going to listen to Killian. 

"Okay guys and dolls" I smiled. "My cheeks are sore from all of the laughter so I am going to slow it down some." I took a deep breath then turned towards Regina, her eyes meeting mine.

When your legs don't work like they used to before,
And I can't sweep you off of your feet.
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

I saw a single tear fall down Regina's cheeks as she returned my gaze.

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So, honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm
I know you will still love me the same

I closed my eyes as I was caught up in the emotions I was feeling, she knows this song is for her. I could see it in her eyes.

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

I opened my eyes to return my gaze upon her beautiful face, she was smiling at me as I sang to her, as she dabbed at the teardrops from her cheek.

But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are, oh

As the instrumental played I could not take my eyes off the woman I adore, the woman I love, my friend, my family, my home, my true love. It was only her and I in this room.

So baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

Oh baby we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are.

As soon as I finished singing the last note the entire bar erupted with cheers and clapping. I took a bow and returned to the table. Keeping my eyes on Regina the whole time.