just relax

Without anyone else to turn to, Zayn quickly typed Alex's name into his contacts, clicking on the small phone icon and raising the phone to his ear. In all honestly, Zayn expected to just leave Alex a short message seeing as Alex was leading classes until the late afternoon and most likely would not have his phone on him, but much to Zayn's surprise, after a couple rings, Alex picked up. "Hi Zaynie," he said in his sturdy voice that Zayn had come to know so well. Zayn opened his mouth to reply, but had trouble forming actual words. Instead, he just let out a choked sob into the phone. "Zayn?" Alex immediately said, obviously concerned, "Hon, are you alright?" he asked quickly.

Zayn shook his head rabidly a couple times before he remembered that Alex could not actually see him, finally managing to choke out a quick "No" in response. Alex grew more concerned at this, but remained calm, knowing Zayn needed it, "Zayn darling, where are you at? I will come and get you, just tell me where." Zayn wiped his tears and spoke softly into the phone, "I-i'm at h-home, Liam took the kids and left. They are gone Alex."

"Okay Zaynie, I am walking out to my car now. Just stay calm, yeah?" I need you to stay where you are and take deep breaths," Alex said through the phone. Zayn could hear the sound of Alex's car starting and just hoped he would get here quickly. In the meantime, he remembered what Alex had told him, breathing in and out slowly and trying to stay calm.

He sat on the boys' bedroom floor, right where Liam had left him, listening to Alex's soothing words over the phone until finally, Alex instructed him to unlock the front door, which he hurried to do. Running down the stairs, and swinging open the door, he immediately felt relief fill his body as he saw the familiar face at his door. Zayn stepped forward to hug him, but Alex stopped him, lightly pushing Zayn away. "Let me take my shoes off first darling, do not be rude," he said as he stepped into the door and took his time unlacing his shoes and hanging his jacket on the hook. Zayn watched him do so patiently, silent tears streaming down his face as he waited.

Once Alex was finished, he motioned Zayn to follow him as he sat down on a nearby couch he saw in what he assumed was the livingroom of the house, and patted his lap lightly. Zayn obediently sat down on the man's lap and Alex practically cradled him in his arms, causing Zayn's emotions to flood over him all over again.

Zayn honestly felt like a child as he sobbed into Alex's shoulder, but at this point he did not even care. Zayn was so good about keeping his vulnerability hidden from others, but with Alex he just didn't have to, and more importantly, he didn't want to. He needed this. He needed to let go of all the emotions, and stress that he had bottled up inside him.

After minutes passed of Zayn just sobbing uncontrollably into Alex's body, he attempted to speak, "I-i don't even know what happened. I don't know how I managed to fuck it all up again," Zayn said in between sobs.

Alex sighed and held Zayn tighter, "Darling, sometimes people just don't appreciate what they have. Your excuse of a husband doesn't acknowledge everything you do for your family and how much work you put into supporting them. Bloody hell, you work your ass off at your company every day to bring home money to support your family. He doesn't even have a job for bloody sakes, all he does is sit at home and complain while you bust your ass. It's just not fair to you darling. You deserve so much more Zaynie."

Zayn considered what Alex had said, "I don't think it's that. Liam does a lot too, he keeps our children happy and healthy, and that's really all that matters. Money doesn't mean anything when you don't have a family to come home to every day." Alex rolled his eyes, "You are missing my point Zayn. He does not deserve you. You should be with someone who appreciates you more. Someone who loves you like I do." Zayn froze at the man's words, "Alex I love Li-"