Snow white

Snow saw her stepmother, the queen leave through the palace gate and slipped her cloak over her shoulders, wrapping it tightly. She checked her surroundings, making sure none of the guards saw her escaping into the forest to visit the dwarves. She had gone once before, but they were not there, so she had to return home. Unfortunately that ended with her continuing her chores with a broken hand. Yes, you guessed correctly, the queen, her own stepmother, broke her hand for leaving the palace without her consent, and because she was never treated, she remained crippled to this day.

Snow had already been chased through the forest by the huntsman, and even though she was frightened, she knew what her goal was; run straight on and get out alive. That she succeeded in doing, and that is how she fell upon the seven dwarves' cottage. Upon arrival she noticed that the house was unoccupied, however it was clear that it was inhabited by someone at the time.

Lost in her thoughts, she almost missed the entrance to the forest which she was chased through once before, and continued her trek to the small cottage across the stream. It was very dark and the ground was extremely uneven so falling over was common on her journey. The bottom of her dress was dragging across the muddy floor and because of her constant falling she had mud all up her dress sides and her legs. The tree branches hung low, and they would rip the sides of her dress, and her skin, showing off her pasty white complexion, but this time with blood running down from the slits. Her hair had been ripped out by low branches and her red bow and there was a rip across her face that went from her left eyebrow to her plump red lips, through which you could see the muscle. She tripped over an uprooted tree and fell onto her face, again. In doing so her cloak became loose around her shoulders and got carried away on the strong winds through the treetops and out into the vast area about her. Standing she limped onwards, shivering with the cold as she went.

Finally sick of her dress clinging to branches and her legs, and tripping her up because it was dragging on the floor, she ripped the fabric off to her mid thighs and continued walking. Her heals had broken long before then and she was now walking barefooted through the dank forest to her goal.

After a whole day of walking she reached the small bridge going over the gleaming stream to the tiny cottage. The lights were on and there were loud voices coming from the kitchen. They were shouting and there was the sound of things being sharpened. Metal things being sharpened. Like knives...

Snows curiosity got the better of her and she slunk across the bridge and hid by the door out of sight. The shouting got louder and the maniacal laughter became more demented than before.

The metallic clanging suddenly stopped as did the voices. Snows breath caught in her throat. Did they hear her? Did they know she was there? She crouched down and listened to the hushed voices carefully.

"What was that standing at the window?" One asked in a gruff voice.

"A monster maybe?" Said another.

"A demon!" Someone declared.

"A thief!"

"No! A witch!"

"Nonsense! It was probably one of the animals." Said a wiser, older sounding voice.

"Well I'm hungry, so let's hunt it down and cook it for grub!" One stated loudly. Were they going to kill snow? No! That could not happen. She couldn't prove the queen right! She wouldn't! She knew that the outside world was dangerous, but she would never admit it.

Because she was lost in her thoughts she didn't realise that the door had been opened and the dwarves had gathered around her, staring hungrily.

"Who are you?" The one with the gruff voice asked.