Elsa.

Elsa wandered down from her ice castle towards the village where she once resided. She was going to retrieve Anna and live happily ever after in her ice castle. Elsa wanted to make things right again, cure Arrendale of it's eternal winter and help everyone she could, once she had healed herself.

She was once told, that true love, would break the curse, so when Elsa remembered this, she made her decision to find Anna and get her to help her love again to thaw out her frozen heart, and rid herself of her curse, and Arrendale of it's eternal winter.

...

Everyone stared at the queen as she came tearing down the streets. As she was running, little snowflakes fell around her now loose hair, and thick ice formed underfoot, above the thick, crunchy snow already lain upon the solid ground.

The castle was in her sights when someone ran into her. A man on a horse came charging through the town, and knocked Elsa over.

"What on earth are you doing?" Elsa demanded angrily, slowly standing and looking at the man towering above her on his horse.

"Not letting you go near the Princess, that's what!" The man replied with the same tone of voice.

"What are you talking about?" Elsa panted.

"You. You have.. powers of some kind, and they are a threat to us all, so we must get rid of you, so that everyone here is safe, including the princess. You have to leave." The man replied.

"No." Elsa simply answered, and stormed off in the direction of the palace. She was right at the entrance when someone grabbed her arm. She spun around to see the same man. She growled. "I've already said I'm not leaving!" She shouted at him, feeling a cold sensation running through her body and suddenly, the man had been impaled by one of her ice spikes. Blood ran from the mans mouth and his hand grew limp on Elsa's arm. She released herself from his weak grasp and continued walking to find Anna, no emotions running through her freezing being.

...

The castle was completely empty. No-one anywhere. Elsa stood still and listened. There was only silence. Wait, not complete silence, there was the sound of crying coming from the other end of the castle. Elsa ran in the direction the sound was coming from. Down stairs and through long corridors, to the dungeon. Dungeon? She entered the cold corridor and searched every cell to find the familiar cries that belonged to her sister.

"Anna?" She whispered to the shivering figure in the corner of one of the dank cells. The person raised their head slowly and turned around to face Elsa. Their eyes were puffy and red from crying, their lips held a blue tinge to them from the harsh cold they were to live in. Their hands were shackled to the wall, and their feet to the icy floor. The dress they wore was a turquoise colour, and it was slightly torn and scuffed at the bottom. The woman was bare foot. Her usually carrot orange hair, was loose, knotty and was dirty. She looked a mess.

"Elsa?" She asked hoarsely. Elsa nodded in reply.

"I'm going to get you out of here, don't worry." Elsa replied, gripping the steel bars in the small window of the door, looking around quickly for keys to get her sister out of the cell. She looked to the end of the corridor to see a slight glinting on the wall. The keys? Elsa walked down with a quick pace, glancing into every cell as she passed them. Some held men, others held women, and one of them held a young boy, no older than six. Finally she reached the wall at the end of the corridor, and swiped the keys up in her gloved hands, and started back for her sister. She trotted down the dank corridor to her sisters cell and quickly unlocked the door and shackles with her quickly numbing fingers. Considering she had ice powers, she still felt coldness wash over her. Elsa picked up her younger sister and began dragging her out of the cell and up the wooden stairs into the main castle by her arms. As soon as she left the dark and they made their way into the slightly larger corridor and they made their way into Elsa's old bedroom in which she spent the majority of her life. "Come on, Anna. Come back to me. I love you." Elsa whispered into her sisters matted hair. Anna's frail hand reached up and cupped Elsa's cold face.

"I love you too, Sissy." She whispered before letting her hand fall back to her side and letting her tired eyes close.

"NO! Anna, stay awake! Please don't die, Anna! I can help us, I can cure myself and you, just please don't leave me." A small smile graced Anna's blue lips. "Do you wanna build a snowman?" She asked Anna quietly as tears fell from her eyes and froze on her cheeks. Anna smiled again and nodded slowly. Elsa built a small snowman for Anna and watched in happiness as she slowly began to regain some colour to her previously frost-bitten cheeks. A bang interrupted their moment together. Elsa's head snapped up to see a load of guards standing at the doorway, arrows poised to shoot the sisters. 

As Elsa's head snapped up the small snowman disappeared as though it was a hologram or a shadow. Like magic. Elsa glared at the guards and summoned her powers once more to smite them where they stood. The guards either ran from the castle screaming in terror, or they screamed where they stood with ice spears through their chests, slowly bleeding out. Elsa picked up her little sister and carried her out into the castle courtyard which was now deserted.

"Mountains." Came a quiet whisper. Elsa looked down to see Anna looking off into the distance, staring at the mountains covered in thick snow, the very same mountains where Elsa's ice castle stood proud. Elsa smiled and they ran together up into the snowy mountains, to heal each other, to thaw out frozen hearts and villages.

...

"Why won't this work?" Elsa screamed out into the cold night air. So much for the theory of true love breaking spells... 

"Elsa, this isn't going to work. I'm going to die, and Arrendale will be doomed to an eternity of frozen-ness. There is nothing else you can do." Anna whispered weakly as she gripped tightly onto her older sisters hand in a desperate attempt to hold her sister in her last moments. Elsa snatched her hands away and shook her head defiantly. 

"No, there is another way. It may not be true love, but it certainly makes me feel better. It doesn't matter if you have a frozen heart at this point, it just matters is you are up to the task." Elsa mumbled as she made an army of snowmen come to life in her secluded ice castle. Some were nice and small, others were large and mean, the perfect combination for what she wanted to do. "Let everything go, Anna. Let it all go and join me in this crusade." She laughed as she twirled around the the snowmen making their way down the mountainside to Arrendale. Anna smiled at her sisters sudden jubilant behavior and stood up, joining her sister in dancing down the mountainside to Arrendale, letting mayhem ensue in the kingdom below.

---

Okay, don't kill me. I have no excuses as to why I haven't updated. I would say that school has been a pain recently but I'd be lying because I'm not in school right now. I can't say that I've had writers block because I haven't even spared this story a second glance recently. I wouldn't say its due to laziness either though. Just be thankful that you finally have an update, but don't expect another one so soon. Apparently I'm pretty unreliable with updating this particular story... Anywho, comment any ideas or suggestions you may have, leave a vote on your way out and share this book with your friends! Sorry again, but also thanks for reading and putting up with my lack of updates. Until next time! :)