Chapter Two

Chapter Two

“Yo, hurry the fuck up!” I shouted from outside of the male showers. “And make sure you look presentable!”

“You better shut the fuck up and wait unless you want me to smell like McDonalds after you’ve used the toilets!” He shouted back.

“You’re not funny Jerome!”

I laughed quietly though because I had to admit it was kind of funny but he didn’t have to know. He came out a couple minutes after and swung his arm around me.

“Finally.”  I mumbled.

By the time we left, it was roughly about 12.30ish. We started talking about random things like our favourite cartoons as we were walking. We still didn’t know that much about each other, even the basic stuff. Jerome didn’t know where we were going and it was best he didn’t because he would’ve called me crazy and tried to talk me out of it. After fifteen minutes, I stopped walking and we were stood outside my house.

“Why are we here?” Jerome asked, confused.

“This is where my parents and siblings live.” I muttered as we climbed the steps. “This is also a building with a piggybank I own that I haven’t used since I was nine years old. There’s about $50 in that piggybank.”

“So where’s the key?”

“I don’t have one.” I continued speaking before he could interrupt me. “Nobody’s in right now and most of the neighbours are at work now. There are a few nosy neighbours like Mrs. Johnson but she spends her afternoons at the church, eating lunch there.”

“You still haven’t explained how the fuck you’re going to get inside. We ain’t smashin no windows because I ain’t going to jail.”

“Don’t worry, I wasn’t planning on doing that. I’m going to climb and get in through that window.” I pointed at the slightly open window on the second floor, to the right.

“Are you fucking crazy? What if you fall?”

“Stop being pessimistic. I got this Jerome. I did some rock climbing back in my summer camp days. Anyway, if I do, unlikely though, then you can be my prince and catch me. Just give me a boost and stand underneath me and I’ll open the door when I get in.”

“I’m not doing shit.”

“Then I’ll do it myself and if I fall, I’ll be dead because I tried to help you get five bucks.”

He sighed. “Fine.”

“Thank you Romeo, now help me up.” I still thought I was amazing for thinking of that nickname.

He crouched down and I stood on his shoulder before he held onto my legs and stood up. I just about grabbed onto the ledge on the window. I heaved myself up onto the ledge and quickly slid through the window because the ledge was thin as fuck.

The first thing I did when I got in was run downstairs and open the door for Jerome.

“See there was nothing to worry about.” I said.

He shut the door behind him and I grabbed his hand before making my way to my room. He sat down on my bean bag chair and looked around. I started to search my dressers for my piggybank.

“I didn’t know you liked Bratz.” He said.

“Huh?” I asked in confusion.

“The posters.”

“Oh, those are old. I just used them to cover up my brother’s scribbling.”

I felt the face of the piggybank, grabbed it and began to stuff it into my bag, “Found it. Want to grab something to eat quickly?”