You were mine (Chapter 7)

A look of horror registered on Hikaru and Keito's face when the monitor showed the Daiki had stopped breathing.

''Dai-chan!!'' Kei woke up sweating and his heart was beating fast. The person beside him was startled of his sudden movement.

''Kei, what's wrong.'' Kota got worried when his lover was shaking.

''Kei, oi!'' He turned on the lamp on their bedside table.

''Kota..It's Dai-chan. Something happened to Dai-chan.''

''No. I'm sure Hikaru will give us a call when something's up.''

He tried to sound convincing though he's sure that he's trying to convince himself more.

''Can you please...''

Kota smiled. ''Of course. I'll make the call and I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about.''

He picked up the phone to make a long distance call. A few more minutes and he got a friend on the line.

''Hikaru. This is Kota.''

''Yabu-kun!''

''Keito. Where is Hika.''

''He went to see Nanami-sensei. He also got me on the same team handling Dai-chan's case.''

''How's he.''

''He's stubborn as always.'' Kota chuckled. A few more minutes and Kota ended the call.

''How's Dai-chan.''

''I told you you've got nothing to worry about. He and Yuri are fine.'' He felt bad. Really, really bad about lying to Kei. Kei looked at him and tried to gather the truth from his eyes. Kota gulped.

Kei smiled. ''That's good to know.'' He dropped his body on the bed and let Kota hug him.

But Kei, being a genius as he is, didn't buy his lover's lie.

The next morning, Kei locked himself up in his work room after breakfast. Something has been bothering him these past few days and he couldn't take Daiki off his mind. He leaned on his chair and tried to remember things that he tried he buried at the back of his mind.

''Dai-chan...''