Chapter Three

// I want to clarify that this chapter is in the present unless otherwise noted. Enjoy the chapter!//
"Yo Era! Why are you just standing here?" Louis questioned. Louis was my childhood best friend, and now we are 23 years old and still causing havoc around the Agency.

"Shhh..." I put my finger on his mouth to hush him. I was looking at Spike from the railings above. Spike was on the track and he too is our childhood friend, victim to mine and Louis' pranks. "I'm trying to prank Spike and I need to concentrate," I squatted down, scrunching my face up.

"Ooo, can I join?" Louis squatted down next to me. I nodded my head and told him my plan. As I watched Spike head around the track for the fifth time, I got ready to jump the railing and land right in front of him. As he was approaching the side of the track, I timed it perfectly and jumped over the railing, landing directly in front of him.

"AH ERA WHA-" Spike started to scream but was interrupted when green paint was splattered all over him. As he started to wipe the paint form his face, I could see how pissed he was, and I started to run away from him. I'm the fastest at the Agency so he can't catch me, but just for fun I slowed down and let him tackle me. He threw punches, but I swiftly blocked all of them and when he was worn out, I rolled out from under him.

"You're the biggest dick ever," he pulled his knees up and rested his arms on them.

"Aw, I'm sorry," I fake pouted. He looked at me and punched my arm. Laughing, I helped him up and escorted him to his room, so he could get cleaned up.

"I have evaluations today," he frowned.

"Oh, shit I'm sorry," I started to laugh, "you're gonna be stained for evaluations then," I patted his shoulder.

"Fuck you," he mumbled, walking into his bathroom. I laughed and left him to himself.

"Man, that was good," Louis cheered giving me a high five once he got down the hallway to where I was.

"It was. Its even funnier because he has evaluations today," I laughed and clenched my stomach. Louis covered his mouth as he gasped and cackled.

'26 report to the training deck. I repeat 26 report to the training deck.' The speakers announced.

"Well, see ya Bo," I spoke to Louis heading downstairs to L1, or the training deck. When we were kids, Spike, Louis, and I had nicknames for each other. I called Louis, Bo and I called Spike, Cal. Louis called me, Ma, and called Spike, Tiny. Lastly, Spike called me, Green and called Louis, Lou.

As I arrived at the training deck, I saw Kieran standing there with those who have evaluations today, including Spike.

"Choose one. You can lead evaluations today or you can assist on the healing deck. I got called into the healing deck because one of our agents are hurt badly and they need assisting. So, you can help with one," Kieran spoke.

"I'll assist on the healing deck because I have to get hours for my medical certificate," I spoke in a polite manner. He nodded and sent me off. The way to the healing deck is an exhausting walk if you aren't used to walking up 4 flights of stairs, but for me it's nothing. I decided to run up the stairs to get to my destination much quicker. Here at Numbers we have our own medical team and though they have not gone to public medical school to become part of the medical team they are still certified doctors, nurses, etc. When they are the age of 10, they get to choose what their major role in numbers would be. Those that chose to be a part of the medical team for their major role, study and practice what they chose and once they have reached the age 20, they test for their license. In order to take the test, you have to have a certain amount of hours and you must take certain courses pertaining to your chosen path. Here at Numbers you choose your major role in numbers at the age 10, but you can still learn and be certified in other roles throughout the agency. My role here at Numbers is a Hitman/Assassin Agent, though I am also a Language Expert, soon a certified Medical Practitioner, a Hacker, a Tracking Agent, and a Technologist.