Imperfectly Perfect Forgiveness

Chapter 15

Aimee P.o.V.

The ride took less than I thought. Not even an hour later we were in front of the nice looking white house. I could feel Logan freaking out. I took his hand and smiled ad him. He smiled back and was finally ready to confess his heart to the one girl he wanted back. I just prayed that it would have a happy ending.

As we stood in front of the door Logan hesitated so I did the honors of ringing the doorbell. Immediately we heard the dog's barking and I knew it was Mia's guide dog. The door finally opened and in front of me stood a very pretty girl. She was about 5'7 with long light brown hair. She was staring right at me but her eyes weren't focused on anything. Even if she was blind her beautiful green eyes were breathtaking. All in all I saw what made Logan take interest in her from the very begging. 

“Sweet, shut up.” She scolded her black Labrador but petted her head gently. “You would think that the dog think I am half deaf not blind from all the barking she does.” Mia finished with a smile. Her smile was so innocent and somehow beautiful that it made Logan exhale loudly. When I realize that Logan can't find the words to begin his speech I started talking.

“Hello Mia. You don’t know me but I am a very good friend of your friend. My name is Aimee.” I didn’t know how to say Logan and decided to call him a friend. The smile Mia had very quickly disappeared.

“Well seeing as I don’t have friends anymore this is funny. Which friend you are talking about?” Her voice turned cold as ice. I wanted to hit myself and all her ex-friends. I knew that she wasn’t popular from Logan speech but I thought that maybe some people stayed with her despite her blindness. People this day are cruel.

“Me.” Praise the cheezus he finally spoke. But seeing Mia's reaction I don’t think that it was a smart dissection.

“Logan?” Asked Mia, her face just screamed heartbreak. I felt like I really should not be here and leave them alone but something told me that Logan would need me in near future.

“Hi Mae, long time no see,” I wanted to face palm not only myself but Logan too when he said that. He sounded like retard and I knew I needed to do something before he made even more of an idiot of himself.

“Listen Mia I knew he is not the person you want to speak to right now, but may we come in and talk?” I said and prayed that she agree with me.

“You're lucky that my dad nor Michael are home.” She said to Logan and let us in. Inside the house it was very open with no sharp piece of furniture in sight. I admire the openness of space when Mia easily lead us to what I guess was a living room. I must say that even being blind she was a strong person because I don’t know if I could talk to a person who left me like her.

“I would make you coffee Aimee but my dad banned me from kitchen when I burned myself one time.” She smiled sadly and I noticed that she only said my name. I guess she still was mad at Logan and she had all the reasons to be.

“That’s good news because I hate coffee,” I told her back to light up the mood a little. She smiled a real smile then but I knew it would be gone after Logan will start speaking and I was right.

“Mia I came here because I wanted to tell you something,” Logan started slowly.

“What could you possibly tell me? Logan it been a couple of months since you left and I finally started to accept that. You don’t need to bring your new girlfriend here to tell me that you moved on. Even if your new girlfriend seems like a nice person.” She finished and before Logan could say anything, I really needed to make something clear.