001

"Steve come on, I can just walk! You need to stop babying me!" I said raising my voice at the fact that Steve wouldn't let me go by myself.

We've been arguing the past 15 minutes about him driving me to school.

"Tal, we are not talking about it anymore. Get in the car we need to pick up Nancy." He said before hopping in and starting the vehicle.

I sighed getting in the car.

What is up everyone's asses lately? We're in Hawkins, what's the worst that could happen?

It's the same town that I left 3 years ago.
-
When we arrived at the school Nancy and Steve were going over some paper that he was writing. Apparently he can't write worth a shit.

"Maybe we can work on it tonight" Steve said to Nancy.

"We have dinner with Barbs parents" she said knowing that he knew.

So Barbara Holland has been missing for a while now.

That's probably the most action Hawkins has had in over a decade.

I didn't know Barb personally so I'm not very sympathetic about the situation.

"Okay lets go guys." I said as my patience was running low.

As I was getting my backpack ready we heard a very loud engine.

As we got out of the car we saw a Blue Camaro racing into the parking lot.

I'm assuming whoever it is must be new, everyone is starting to stare at them.

When the vehicle parks, a red headed girl gets out quickly before racing into the middle school.

The next moments happened like it was slow motion.

A beautifully tanned man with dirty blonde hair steps out of the car.

He glances around eating up all of the attention before walking away and I've got to say he's a sight for sore eyes.

"Thalia!" Steve yells, snapping me out of the trance I was in.

"W-What"

"Come on, you can't be late on the first day." He said before walking off with Nancy.

I decided to stay behind for a second.

I reached into my pocket and grabbed a cigarette.

I put the cigarette in between my lips but did not light it.

I pulled out a book and began to read until the bell rang.

I put the cigarette back in the carton before trudging into the school.

Well, here goes nothing.

When I walked into the school I got a few odd looks, but I think everyone was paying most of their attention to pretty boy from the parking lot.

I kept my head low and walked into my first class to begin my day.