004

"I can give you a ride home Harrington." Yelled Billy from behind me.

I turned around debating the offer.

I don't know, he doesn't seem very sober.

"You wish pretty boy" I yelled back confidently before walking inside to see if I could find Nancy.

The smell of sweat and alcohol immediately surrounded me.

I made it upstairs where it was a little less crowded and decide to ask around.

I tapped on the shoulder of a girl in my class who I've noticed hanging around Nancy and Steve a few times.

"Hey do you know where Nancy is?" I asked her.

"I think she got in a fight with you brother, I saw her leave with that Byers kid." She said before turning around.

I let out a sigh before walking back outside finding it better to just walk home.

Why would she be leaving with Jonathan Byers?
-
After walking for a few blocks I see a car slow down next to me, none other than Billy.

"Get In Harrington, I'll give you a lift." He yells from his car.

I let out a chuckle before replying "I don't think you should be driving"

"Don't worry about me, I can handle my alcohol sweetheart" he says with a smirk.

"Let me drive" I say.

He is quick to reply with a simple "No way Harrington"

"Alright, I'll be just fine walking then" I say while picking up my pace.

I then hear the car turn off and the door open and close.

"Harrington get back here!" He yells to me while jogging to meet my pace.

He grabs my elbow lightly turning me around.

"You should feel special, I don't let just anyone drive my car." He says before handing me the keys.

A smile grows on my face before racing to his car.

We hop in the car and begin down the street.
-
After a ten minute drive of arguing about the windows and the radio we finally arrive.

"Where the hell are we Harrington?" He asks when I turn the car off and get out.

"Well, I decided the best way to do this was to bring you here. To the park, so you can sober up enough to bring me and yourself home safely" I said before heading to the swing sets.

After a moment of silence I decide to speak up.

"So tell me about you, where did you come from? And why did you come here?" I asked curiously before turning to face him.

He contemplated the question in his head before finally answering with a simple "I'm from California, we had a bit of family trouble."

I decided not to ask further or overstep my boundaries.

"How about you, have you lived here your whole life?" He asked facing me.

I looked away before replying "I've lived here for most of my life, I was in Europe for a few years for school and just got back a few weeks ago."

He looked a bit confused and replied with "why did you go to Europe?"

I sighed, "I always wanted to go to Europe and I was having trouble with some things in my life at the time and decided it was the perfect time to go." I said looking up and connecting our gazes.

He nodded his head and cleared his throat before looking away.

"Um, we should probably get going." I said standing up with him following behind.

I got in the passenger seat this time.

The car ride was mostly silent other than the few directions on where to turn.

We pulled into my driveway and I quietly thanked him before walking inside.